PDA

View Full Version : Scared

kellylou89
04-05-12, 20:18
One of my biggest fears and triggers of my anxiety is my vision, one of my biggest fears is going blind!.
I have visiual distirbances such as
Floaters
Dry eye
Visual snow
And shimmering vision when looking at certain things in certain light.
I have my eyes tested every 6months and i am short sighted and wear glasses for it.
A couple of times over the past few months i have been noticing a random black splodge at the very top of my vision when i look up! Its happend about 3 times and usually lasts a minute or two but scares the hell out of me!!!!
Has anybody else had this? :(

Beyonderz
05-05-12, 00:02
Hey Kellylou, first of all, a person with HA and panic/anxiety disorders has these type of visual disturbances. Usually anxiety causes all those you listed.

For example in my case, sometimes my eyes can be panic triggers. Try not to think about those too much. When you have such disturbances, just close your eyes for a while and take deep breath.
If you are having your eyes checked that often, you shouldn't worry about your eyes :)
I hope you feel well soon.

kellylou89
05-05-12, 08:58
Even the black splodge i mentioned? .. Thankyou for your reply!

makalalee
05-05-12, 10:14
Hi Kellylou

Could be a visual migraine. I get them sometimes.
A visual migrane, often called an ocular migraine, ophthalmic migraine or eye migraine, is a migraine in which temporary abnormalities in vision, including distortion and vision loss, take place. An optical migraine often occurs without a migraine headache although an optical migraine can precede a migraine headache. An optical migraine is usually not a cause for worry, but the visual distortion symptoms can make its victim very frightened. When a person is struck by an optical migraine, daily activities, such as reading, watching television and driving, are disrupted until the optical migrain passes.
Visual migraines, in particular, are associated with stress and fatigue and/or hormonal changes. They're not dangerous and generally do not indicate any underlying serious medical problem, though you should consult your GP if you are worried just to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps x

kellylou89
05-05-12, 10:41
Thankyou that helps alot! :) thankyou

sash dowling
26-08-12, 14:59
Hi, I only got these same.visual symptoms after I developed health anxiety. But I get visual snow, afterimages, light sensitive and starburts and . floaters. Had my eyes checked and.doctors are not worried. My pychologiat said that sometimes these happen for no reason and usually go away in time.

OliviaD
26-08-12, 17:37
These (except the black thing) and more. No, you won't go blind from any of them, they're not pathologies. :)

Btw, a friend of mine told me he sees something like your black splodge...

Good luck!!

SheilaH921
26-08-12, 17:56
Hi, I get the black thing every now and again aswell. Its when i look to the side i can see what looks like a big lump of black. Its really annoying. I also see flashes of light aswell

Louise36
26-08-12, 18:06
Could the black splodge be a floater? I have lots of big ones that are splurge like.