PDA

View Full Version : Please please help me!!

Misslouread
04-05-12, 21:35
Hello, today I got some detergent on a spoon and washed it in the sink, that evening my boyfriend drained pasta in the sink, the pasta was really starchy and tasted funny, now I'm worried it had washing powder on it from the sink!? What does starchy pasta taste like, I'm worried I've eaten washing powder!

Please help x

nomorepanic
04-05-12, 21:50
You are fine. You would have to eat a lot of detergent to make you ill and you said you washed it so it is fine.

Please don't worry.

Misslouread
04-05-12, 22:03
Ive just read that ingesting washing detergent causes cancer, terrified!!

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Thankyou Nicola, this cancer comment has just made my worries triple!

diane07
04-05-12, 22:12
honestly ................ you will be absolutely fine, the amount would have caused you no harm at all.

di xx

Misslouread
04-05-12, 22:29
Are you sure? I'm scared the toxins in it could cause cancer? I'm terrified, I'm so sorry to keep asking but I just can't relax xx

london
05-05-12, 00:30
Ive just read that ingesting washing detergent causes cancer, terrified!!

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Thankyou Nicola, this cancer comment has just made my worries triple!

where you read that load of junk
if it did there be a law not to sell it
all washing detergent gives you is cleane clothes
god bless

Misslouread
05-05-12, 00:44
Hi I know I. Trying to rationalise it. There was a comment somewhere saying ingesting cleaning products can cause cancer, which obviously terrified me! Thank you for your comments, trying to calm down! X

Anxious_gal
05-05-12, 00:49
Washing liquid is non toxic :) I got some in my eye once !

Misslouread
05-05-12, 06:35
It was washing powder, detergent which according to the web is quite toxic, :( bit calmer this morning, but still very worried, will thus ever stop playing on my mind?? X

rockydog
05-05-12, 10:46
Hey there i have a daughter that has these sorts of concerns over getting something in her mouth etc that is harmful. You honestly would have to eat an awful lot of a detergent to increase any risk at all and even then it would still just be a possibility.
Think about the amount you are talking about a trace from a washed spoon ? This would amount to no more than the traces left on clothing after washing okay ? and what about tiny babies that suck their clothes ? It really wont hurt you. Hope you are feeling better x

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

But you are right pasta does have that starchy taste if eaten on its own and if its over cookek and gone a bit soggy you notice it more x

Misslouread
05-05-12, 22:37
Hi rocky dog and all! Thank you so much for your comments,it has really help relax me!

Thank you again, really means a lot,

Xx