PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one!

b00mzx
07-07-06, 02:11
hey, felling kinda down today, i thought i had my life back on track, i have found my self a job at last (taken 7 months to get myself motivated :( ) and put in an application into the army, but i seem to have lost that motivation...AGAIN, i am arguing with my girlfriend...AGAIN and its all going downhill...AGAIN i went to see my GP the other day, to give her my army medical form, and she asked how i was and 'cos i cancelled my appointment with the mental health assesment nurse she wanted to know why, and so i said i felt much better, i wasn't taking the anti-d's anymore, and felt great which she was pleased about, but now i have gone down again, i feel that maybe i had myself convinced i was better, whn all along i am the same, i mean it wouldn't take much to convince myself as i have convinced others i had collapsed after drinking just to be taken to A&E, i did this for attention tho, but why do i feel like this? how long is it gonna take over my life for, and more to the point, how the hell do i stop it!

Rian951

REMEMBER, A PROBLEM SHARED IS A PROBLEM HALVED!!!

W.I.F.T.S.
07-07-06, 16:10
Hi Rian,

I know exactly what you mean. We can't put a time limit on recovery though, that only puts more pressure on ourselves. As I have said in one of my other posts, I think that this illness is mult-layered: depression then anxiety then panic. When the panic subsides we notice the underlying anxiety more and when we begin to feel more calm the depression rears it's ugly head. The depression can cause us to feel anxious and that's why we feel like we are going back and forth.

Personally, I've been working on the anxiety by proactively relaxing: having a jacuzzi, swim and sauna every morning. "An anxious mind cannot exist within a relaxed body".

My advice would be to tackle the anxiety first, whcih kills two birds with one stone (anxiety & panic) and then you can deal with the depression.

It certainly isn't easy, but I think we all need to find a starting point and I think trying to physically relax is one where you can most quickly see the effects.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

carol1969
08-07-06, 15:23
Just take everyday as it comes thats what i do. This disease is horrible and as soon as you start to feel better something comes along to knock us down again. Just think you got through trials before in your life and survived you can do this again.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything