PDA

View Full Version : It does get better!

icysmoooth
05-05-12, 12:54
I haven't been on here in a long time and the good news is I haven't been having a lot of problems with my health anxiety. I wanted to come on here and quickly make a post so someone else out there might have hope it gets better.

For a while I was in rough shape and was convinced I had everything under the sun. I, in my head, was sure I had various types of cancer mostly and brain aneurysm. Then came the fears of ALS and MS. During this time my son (who is now almost 6) had to see a cardiologist which made me have more anxiety about was was wrong with him. Eventually it Was all consuming and I was barely living, every day was a struggle and I was terrified of dying on a daily basis.

I spent a lot of time on this website and it seemed to help, I also spent a lot of time at the doctor and I think she was starting to think I was crazy lol. I had ultrasounds, blood work, CT scan, MRI's and then came the day my doctor told me I had MS. It was hard to take in and she sent me to an MS clinic. As I waited for the appointment I researched what I could do and started an MS diet which was really healthy.

When I went to the clinic I was examined, he looked at my MRI's and sent me for an evoked potentials test. The exam and tests were all normal and he wasn't sure about my MRI. He sent me for another one in a year and then I had to go back, that was last year. He told me he didn't think it was MS and said I would need a spinal to know for sure but he was happy to leave it. He also went through a list of alternatives people ask about such as Lyme disease, celiacs etc. and was sure it was none of those. He also reassured me it doesn't put me at greater risk for developing cancer or alzheimers or anything like that.

My son has since had his tonsils and adenoids removed and still sees a cardiologist just to be sure everything is growing normal with him.

I apologize for the length of this I just wanted people to understand the depth of my health anxiety then so when I say I no longer live in intense fear they can appreciate how much has changed for me and can change for them. I know health anxiety is awful and hard to live with and sometimes I worry there is something wrong but it never goes as far as it did. It took a lot of trial and error to figure out a way to deal with things that worked for me but I found Rescue Remedy helped in the beginning as well as keeping my mind busy so I couldn't think about health issues and worry. I hope some one out there can take something positive from this and start to get away from the health anxiety cycle. Feel free to message me if you like :)

kinnygirl1
06-05-12, 15:35
thank you. it does give me hope x