PDA

View Full Version : Hello

DaveC
07-07-06, 04:32
Ok i'm 20 and i have panic attacks, i looked up the advice and treatments page and ive realised its caused by alot of things. A combination of stuff.

I wear glasses, and although i know people younger than me with worse vision have glasses.. I think im going blind.. even tho i was told by the optician imno where near going blind

i moved fro scotland to england to be with my girlfriend who i jut broke up with. now im going back to scotland to start again after over 2 years

And i sometimes think i'd be happier shooting myself in the head.

And at no stage of the above sentance was i being sarcastic.

I'm going to try some of the ideas put forward in that article but is there any personal ideas you guys have that can quickly relive sypthoms?

manmoor
07-07-06, 11:44
Hi Dave,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

chedda
07-07-06, 11:50
Hia Dave and welcome to the site
Your going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment and this wont be helping you with your panic and stress:( .
I dont think there is any quick way to relieve symptoms but go to your doctors and he may put you on medication to give you an initial boost then ask about therapy aswell.
Take care cheryl xx

carol1969
07-07-06, 12:08
Hi Dave and welcome to this forum. Your life will be happier in the future and just hold on to that at the moment. When we go through tough times we always think it wont get any better but it almost certainly does. You have got through tough times in the past and you can get through this as well.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

RunsFromBugs
07-07-06, 17:08
Hi Dave,

When I'm having acute systems, I find a good 45-60 minutes of cardio or yoga helps. If I am at work or somewhere I can't do jumping jacks, I just try and focus on things important or interesting to me. Like coming to this website. Or finding something that just keeps me busy but doesn't require much mind work, like shelving books. (I work in a library.) I also keep a small book of word finds in my purse which I can pull out and work on. After two or three puzzles, I usually feel better. Hope this helps and you feel better soon!

RunsFromBugs
07-07-06, 17:15
Hi Dave,

When I'm having acute systems, I find a good 45-60 minutes of cardio or yoga helps. If I am at work or somewhere I can't do jumping jacks, I just try and focus on things important or interesting to me. Like coming to this website. Or finding something that just keeps me busy but doesn't require much mind work, like shelving books. (I work in a library.) I also keep a small book of word finds in my purse which I can pull out and work on. After two or three puzzles, I usually feel better. Hope this helps and you feel better soon!

giddy
07-07-06, 17:49
Welcome to the forum Dave
love Helen

polly daydream
08-07-06, 01:02
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Polly