PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Bamboochomper
05-05-12, 15:17
Hello, my name's Nathan I'm 17 and I've been suffering from anxiety for a few months it's affected my life in many ways,
but hopefully I can overcome it and help others with anxiety as much as I can with my own experiences.

My Story - I was a popular, confident college student just 7 months ago but one day when I was called for an interview with my tutor
I began having a panic attack and an anxiety attack while talking and right from that moment I was sure something was wrong, I tried
to ignore it after for a little while but it happened again and again until I quit college in late January, and then I became very weary of
leaving the house. Last week I decided enough was enough and finally accepted the fact I had to go and
see a doctor and I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and mild depression I mean even sitting in the waiting room
made my heartbeat race and made me feel faint but I managed to get through it and get some 20mg citalopram
which I have been taking for a few days if anyone needs to talk or has any advice for me I'd love to hear.

thanks

nomorepanic
05-05-12, 15:20
Hi Bamboochomper

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

BobbyDog
05-05-12, 16:20
Well done for going to your doctor, hopefully you will start to feel better very soon.
Have you asked your doctor about Cognative Behavioural Therapy, it can help to be able to talk things over with an impassive person. They will give you coping strategies and lots of good advice. I went a few years ago and it felt good to get things off my chest and the Psychologist gave me lots of great advice.

Pipkin
05-05-12, 19:27
A big, warm :welcome: to NMP Nathan!

Take care

Pip

Bamboochomper
05-05-12, 23:20
Thank you all for your welcomes, support and advice, I'll make sure to contribute to the forums

All The Best,
Nathan