PDA

View Full Version : Side effects need help please. X

Morag130
05-05-12, 18:22
Started 5 days ago, 10mg including 10mg of propranolol.

Felt fab first few days but today ended up in A&E.

My heart was fine as always! Pulse was 60 thanks to propranolol. Yet the beat was sooo strong felt much higher to me.

But worst thing was this god awful cold tingly sensation down my chest and oddly down my neck and back. Went dizzy, couldn't talk and had the worst dry mouth.

Don't no wether to blame citalopram or propranolol or both. Al I know is I would of rather has a panick attack rather then what I experiences today.

Anyone else had this? Did you carry on? Please help.

And anyone please don't be put off I've had an amazing week thanks to these tablets but today has been tough!

Xxxxxxx

Mick081081
05-05-12, 18:36
Hiya,

It gets worse before it gets better and that's a classic side effect that your anxiety and panic has risen aswell as with the dry mouth. Honestly stick with it as its well worth the initial first few weeks of feeling terrible as once it's in your system it really does help take the short term pain for the long term gain that's my advice.

Hope you feel better soon and try to stick it out.

Take care,

Mick.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

PS I'm on day 51 today and not far off feeling ok it was hard at first but glad I bit my lip and stuck it out.

Morag130
05-05-12, 18:52
Thanks for the response.

I'm just worried cause my side effects today was nothing I've read happen before.

These tablets are made to fight off anxiety maybe it was trying to fight it off but gave me different sensations. That scarred me even more.

Just kept coming and going tho awful cold sensation and the feeling of panick/anxiety.

Was doing so well though I was gonna be a lucky one and not have any side effects. X

Mick081081
05-05-12, 19:29
Stick with it as it made my anxiety/panic even worse at the beginning I know it's hard and you'll be scared but fight on through it as its completely normal. Some people don't get any side effects whatsoever the lucky so and so's but a lot of people do. Don't give up on the Cit it will be well worth it in the end trust me on that. Battle on through and tell yourself this is the storm before the calmness kicks in in a few weeks time. Good luck and PM anytime if you need some advice.

Take care,

Mick.