PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New Here

KnownAsP
05-05-12, 18:44
Hi,

My name is P, I'm 22 from the UK. I've been living with depression for a number of years and lately it has turned into panic attacks. I saw my doctor and now have Prozac and Propanalol and a Psychotherapist.

I've been on a manic journey the past couple of months trying to deal with myself, and by then it was too late to save most of my close relationships. I'm still learning more and more about this every day.

I'm now ready to talk about this and would like to get to know people and their experiences and also some help with this generally crippling affliction!

P x

diane07
05-05-12, 18:46
Hi KnownAsP

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
05-05-12, 19:15
I know where you are coming from P, I have suffered from anxiety for about 18 years and lost a lot of friends over this time, I have become very insular.
You are young enough to try and build bridges with your friends, if they are understanding of your illness, they may be willing to put the past behind.
Try to be kind to yourself and take steps to improve your quality of life, one step at a time.

Pipkin
05-05-12, 19:21
Hi P and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

KnownAsP
05-05-12, 20:27
Many thanks for your replies, it's hard to hear that people do come and go so much, though I'm happy I'm at least on the right path for myself now.

P x

vermilion
05-05-12, 21:31
hi P.. I'm new here also :)

Alvi
05-05-12, 22:42
Hello P I'm new as well and have found so many helpful posts on this site! Hope it helps you as well.

Jenwales
06-05-12, 08:29
Hi P I'm new here but anxiety is an old enemy. I'm 23. I have anxiety.
all the best