PDA

View Full Version : Long Overdue Update

mtatum4496
05-05-12, 19:01
Hi Everyone,

It's been some time since I posted, but wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking :)

Over the last several months, my panic attacks and GAD have continued to fade. I really believe the agoraphobia is gone completely now. I still have days when my nerves are out of kilter, especially when I've not slept well. And I do still have panic attacks, although they seem to be milder and less frequent than before.

That being said, I did have a humdinger last night while out with friends enjoying a wonderful Dominican meal. Worst I've had in a long time - vision blurring, world slipping out of focus, unable to concentrate, rapid heart rate, etc. Fortunately, I was with friends who understand and they looked after me while the alprazolam had a chance to begin working. I don't think anyone at the surrounding tables noticed at all.

While it was disconcerting to have such a severe attack after so long, I'm thankful that these types don't occur several times a week like they once did. I can get out more, even if I am still bone tired all the time.

So to everyone who is struggling with panic disorder - do not give up. I know that it sometimes seems like things will never get any better. But in the last year I have regained so much of my life and I know that each of you will too, a little at a time. Cherish the good moments and don't let the bad ones overshadow them. One day you'll turn the corner and realize you are having days when you feel almost normal again and they are coming along more frequently.

BobbyDog
05-05-12, 19:04
Very well done, keep up the good work!

kittikat
05-05-12, 19:20
Great news mtatum, It's very inspiring to read that members are having some success in their journeys. Long may it continue for you and I guess it's ok to expect the odd blip or two on the road to recovery. Thanks for sharing!!

Stay positive & well done :yahoo: Kitti xx

KK77
07-05-12, 23:31
I was wondering how you were getting on M. Pleased to read this - your humility shines through - something I think is vital to our recovery. A journey rather than an epiphany.

I still want to say well done though and wish you continued success :D