PDA

View Full Version : General anxiety/obsessive thots

Cedars
06-05-12, 01:20
I suffer from gad and obsessive thoughts.my mind jumps from one thing to another. I try to actively ignore the thoughts but worry that nothing will work for me. Today I'm obsessing on what controls ur mind. Just this deep thinking. I know it is another anxious thought but it's a new one. HELP

diane07
06-05-12, 01:22
Hi Cedars

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Cedars
06-05-12, 01:35
Thankyou so much. Bit of a technophobic so will have to learn how to use the site to best advantage. How can you check for replies to your thread. SORRY x:)

konrad
06-05-12, 02:42
Hello, you say you ' actively try to ignore' the thoughts. I am in a similar situation at the moment, but I think (now as I am all calm and relaxed) that my trying to ignore it, turned out to be 'running away' a lot of the time.
Had a good day today. The thoughts came on very few occasions, but rather than trying to escape the thoughts I managed to confront them today.
I will write this down in my little notebook, as I am sure there will be more days of horrible thoughts, and it sometimes helps me to calm down reading through my better days.

Cedars
10-05-12, 23:16
Hi, as I said on previous post I suffer from obsessive thots. I conquered this and was well for a good 8 years. Im receiving cbt treatment and found it helped. I have now started thinking I need to increase my medication even though iv been assured I don't. I can't think my way round it or through it. Can anyone suggest a way for me to deal with this as evertime I think it I'm nearly paralysed with fear. :)

darksideofthemoon
10-05-12, 23:50
Thought this might be of some help for you. Here is a link to a video on pure o or obsessive thoughts. ocdonline.com/video.php

Cedars
10-05-12, 23:54
Thanks for your help. Will have a look at this. I can kinda work with other thoughts but this one has set me back big time. X