PDA

View Full Version : blood clots/ combined pill/ health anxiety

pearl79
06-05-12, 10:55
I have been taking the combined pill for 3months and im now panivking about the ridk of blood clots to me. Im 32 non smoker 5.7" and 12st 6lb. And a bmi of 27. I am quite active as i have 3 children and 2 of them are little. I am terrified of a clot and dying. I am vertually awake all night every night moving my legs and body regulaly. I have a drive to france in two weeks and so i will be sitting still for quite some time.
Am i being silly... Am i worryin to much.... Am i likely to get a clot...
Am so worried.. Any one got any advice....
Thanks x

GreekGirl
06-05-12, 10:58
If you are worried about the risks of blood clots from taking the combined pill, then maybe it is best not to take it, most drugs have side effects unfortunately, I think it would be very difficult for anyone to reassure you about this, except your GP.

Kelseywelseyyy
06-05-12, 15:25
Get some flight socks, I haven't a clue what they do but I know people wear them for like journeys x

miss sparkle
06-05-12, 16:34
I think the risk is very slight.
I was on the pill for about 10 years before my kids and had no problems at all.
enjoy your trip, it will be lovely to get a break x

julynn
06-05-12, 20:02
i agree the risk is very small. when my HA kicked in i had my implant taken out purely because i panicked. and wanted to give my body a break. x

honeyb
06-05-12, 20:18
Get some flight socks. Like you i'm terrified of clots, i'm flying to Cuba in a couple of weeks i'm not on the pill, but slightly over weight, and worrying that i will develop DVT on the flight. I've got some flight socks but still really concerned about this. My BP is slightly up, so again really worried that something will happen. I know i will work myself up and start to get tight chest and pain etc i just hope i can control it and calm down on a 10 hr flight.

GreekGirl
06-05-12, 22:31
One thing you must not do is talk to the airline staff about your concerns otherwise they will not let you fly, blood clots are taken very seriously on airplanes.

Jenwales
07-05-12, 20:06
I'M NOT ALONE!
I had this for a long time when I started the pill. I am getting it now my anxiety it worse to the point that I'm scared to type in case it happens- is there a cure for that?
Anyway I went to see my doctor at the time, i went to the hospital she told me it was anixety. I don't know how likely it is to happen but it is possible ot imagine the symptoms so i guess focussing on your breathing and trying not to think about it might help.
I don't know if what I'm saying is helpful I just wanted to reply because I've had this also!
Maybe I've also got health anxiety as well as general oh dear

Marj
07-05-12, 20:55
Hi, FPA (Family Planning Association) has a helpline that offers independent advice on contraception related matters www.fpa.org.uk

suzy-sue
07-05-12, 21:23
One thing you must not do is talk to the airline staff about your concerns otherwise they will not let you fly, blood clots are taken very seriously on airplanes.

Sorry but this remark doesnt make any sense Greek Girl ..Thousands of women fly whilst taking the combined pill .Wear filght socks ,,take an aspirin .and move about regularly and walk up and down the aisle .There are excercises you can do whilst sitting ..Unless you have already got a blood clot or have been told not to fly .Had and operation within 3months of flying.Theres no reason to be unduly concerned .Enjoy your holiday ..Sue