PDA

View Full Version : going on a train...

Lilyblue
06-05-12, 13:23
i got to go on a train on bank holiday, it's my idea to go to this city. didn't think we'd go but now it's happening and i'm so emotional and anxious, dread what i'll be like in the morning. i will have my mum with me. we got to try on clothes too. i will have my diazepam, but i keep thinking what if it don't work, as not been working much lately, maybe cos i shrink it before i can swallow, should i break it up? will that still work?.

what if i have an anxiety attack before i step on train, will be so embarrassing with everyone watching me cry and panicking. the worst symptom is my stomach exploding. anxiety gives me awful butterflies and if i don't avoid things then i'll prob poop myself,:ohmy::blush:

i'm relying on my diazepam to work. will be relieved if i manage to go, or at least get on the train.

anyone with anxiety/agoraphobia managed a train journey?

kittikat
06-05-12, 13:59
Hi Lilyblue,

You may find that the thought of going is far worse than actually doing it. Your anxiety is already building up and all the negative thoughts are making the journey seem almost impossible for you right now. I suffer anx/panic/ag and I know those feelings so well.....at least your mum will be with you for moral support, I always feel more relaxed if someone I trust is with me. As for the diazepam, what strength tablets are they and do you normally take them on a regular basis? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'shrink it before you can swallow'?? I am on diazepam too, if you take the correct dose (even if you have to break it up into little bits to swallow) it should at least take the edge off the anxiety and relax you a little. If you can manage the journey it will be a major achievement for you and you will be so proud of yourself. Remember the vicious circle of negative thinking....try and think some positive thoughts and don't be so hard on yourself!! :hugs:

Good luck, Kitti :)

Lilyblue
06-05-12, 17:40
hi, thanks.
i always think the worst, it's the waiting around that is the worse part.

as i can't swallow tablets properly they seem to shrink in my mouth before i swallow them and all the taste and bits go all on my tounge, it's yuk. i used to be ok taking them, felt well drugged up on the first one, i take 2mg whenever i need it. i used to take liquid but couldnt carry it around everywhere.
will try breaking it in half and swallow half at a time, was thinking putting it in my mouth with food and swallow together..if you can take food with it at same time. i can swallow food whole, i think maybe cos i take it with water that i have trouble.
might take one of my anxiety books to read and some music.
thing about trains is that there's no escape if you need to get off, and i aint getting off before my stop:)

tweety
06-05-12, 17:48
hi,
i to dont like much getting on trains but it is never as bad as i think and if it goes wrong so what tomorrow is another day xxx
hugs x

kittikat
06-05-12, 18:00
I think it's ok to take with food, just make sure you have a glass of water after. Maybe take 2mg about an hour before you go, and take another tablet with you, and a bottle of water, you can always take an extra 1mg if you feel really anxious. Good idea about the books and music...maybe a magazine too, just to take your mind away from any anxious thoughts! You are sounding more positive already :yesyes:

Let us know how you get on. Take care, Kitti :)

Lilyblue
07-05-12, 18:50
i woke up felling sick and tummy cramp.so anxious!. managed to eat something and took diazepam,
but I DID IT! glad i went. didnt need my book. just had music, even walked round on own.
doesnt mean i'll be able to get on any train. will still need diazepam.
thanks everyone. shame it rained all day

eternally optimistic
07-05-12, 19:23
Well done.....

Glad you did it..

Great success, keep it going.

J

kittikat
07-05-12, 22:08
Ahhh...that's brilliant news Lilyblue :yesyes: great achievement, you must be so proud of yourself!! Keep up the good work hun.....little steps...big achievements!!

Take care,
Kitti :)