PDA

View Full Version : heart worry relapse - some good vibes needed please!

kinnygirl1
06-05-12, 19:40
Hi All

As some of you will know I have some ups and downs with my recovery from health anxiety, mainly around my heart. I am back at work now and riding my horse and spending lots of quality time with my daughter, all things I couldn't do when I was at my worst but lately my heart worries have crept back to the point where I couldn't sleep last night for worry that something might happen to me. Been feeling really dizzy and have convinced myself its worse when I am exerting myself physically, plus I seem to be having loads of palpitations. Its getting me down - can anyone relate? I have had a normal ecg and 24 hour ecg in the last year but I have stopped finding that reassuring to be honest! Thanks K x

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

nobody?

honeyb
06-05-12, 19:46
I'm having real issues at the moment with my heart and HA. I'm convinced i have a deadly arrithmia, it's really not helping with all these young people dying in the news with heart problems too. I know it's life and things happen, but i'm so worried i have a problem too. I to have had about 5 ecgs and all have come back normal and also my bloods, but i'm still worried that something has been missed. I know how you feel, when i feel dizzy or off balance i get worried that it's my heart. I can feel my heart beat most days and it races, i also get thudding and tightness too.

darren123
06-05-12, 20:22
Hi kinny. I myself am in the same boat...had a load of heart worry's which accumulated in panic attacks, trips to a&e etc...turned out everything came back normal. THEN!....after a few months of feeling real good, hitting the gym regularly i experienced a new symptom (palpitations - flutter) These flutters lasted all night long and I literally shit myself....back to square one in a matter of hours!! the palps have managed to calm down since laying of the gym a bit but this experience has reignited all the anxiety from before. Now all sorts of symptoms are kicking off shortness of breath, left arm pain etc...So to answer your question your definitely not alone!! Jump aboard the panic train! x

kinnygirl1
06-05-12, 22:45
Thank you both so much for your replies - I agree all the recent press about young people with heart problems is really not helping and is feeding my anxiety! I think I have made myself worse by looking for reassurance that I am ok( I know that seems backward - but hey!)

Darren totally know what you mean about going back to square one in a matter of minutes and now I am not sure if symptons are "real" heart symptons or a manifestation of my anxiety - I am also having left arm pain and little pricks of pain around the top of left rib cage- which is alarming me. I try to imagine if I would be remotely concerned if the pains were on the right!

It's horrid and I just can't relax and think of anything else at the moment.

darren123
06-05-12, 23:33
Im exactly the same kinny, as we speak now ive just had two prickly stabbing pains in the top left of my chest....which probably wouldn't alarm an unanxious person but plays havoc with our minds! I find looking for reassurance can sometimes be helpful...like this website an other times can be the very worst thing we can do. Just be careful what ya click on lol

I'm the same about not being bothered about pains on the right ha, im sure its just a manifestation of your anxiety, try n occupy your mind with something else, i know its hard!

kinnygirl1
07-05-12, 14:47
So, I went to A and E this morn by myself -remained calm but went in and asked if I could have an ecg as I was experiencing dizziness and palps and was feeling faint. I also explained that I am an anxiety sufferer. They were very kind and did an ecg for me - it was fine! Then a lovely dr came and spoke to me about my anxiety. He was so kind and took it so seriously. He listened to my chest and said that he could tell I was very atheletic(!) and that physically he was very happy with me but he is going to write to my GP to suggest a change in my anxiety meds. I am so done with this anxiety now. I have to make this the turning point to put this behind me and move on! I have to! x

James1983
07-05-12, 19:51
i know just how you feel, all my anxiety is over a non existant heart problem. i had the the lot - all clear, but i still worry:wacko: