PDA

View Full Version : what's happening to me??? :(

lindajane1971
06-05-12, 16:47
what's happening to me and why??? I can't take another minute of this!
I was sitting with friends quite happy having a chat and then "wham!" suddenly everything seems closer than it is, magnified of you like and I get this whole sorta tightnes over my upper body and head :( its so hard to describe, very frightening :( and now ive removed myself from the group and went sat in the car quietly sobbing to myself, absolutely petrified I'm going to have a stroke!
:( help me plz

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

sitting doing nice deep breaths, pulse normal but this feeling is not normal!

Kelseywelseyyy
06-05-12, 17:13
My worst ever panic attack I felt like my brain wasn't sending signals to my body. I don't know why and I was functioning as it was happening but I was certain. It makes us think weird things.

Try and calm down, deep breaths, maybe put on some slow music and tell yourself its just an attack.

Hope this helps x

zippy
06-05-12, 17:15
Similar thing happened to me yesterday, i was having a good laugh with my friend and them wham my head went all off balance. Then i start to panic, my arm felt strange and i felt like i couldnt get enough breath out to talk. My brain felt all foggy like i couldnt think straight and felt very teary. It is frightening and i said to my friend if i didnt know better and had tests it feels like i am having a stroke or have a brain tumor. I dont understand how it can come from nowhere either.

bigmo
06-05-12, 17:17
try to relax and accept what is happening and that you are not going to be harmed. It sounds like an anxiety attack, remind yourself there is nothing wrong and this feeling will pass

lindajane1971
06-05-12, 20:48
thank you all for your kind words and reassurance, its been a couple of hours since it happened and it didnt happen again but i still feel very scared about what it couldve been.
Ive also had some muscle twitching in my left arm/elbow area a few times today and as im writing this i had on in my right eyelid,and now more in the arm, now putting 2=2 together and rapidly coming up with double numbers........of course now im sure its summit neurological (sp) and the panic is coming back....or could it be a clot??? omg my brain!!!!
my anxiety is mostly heart related, and ive never before had a sudden fear like i was about to have a stroke or something, and i really really wish that im not starting to develp those thoughts as i really cant cope with the ones i have now never mind adding more!!!!!!!!!
:scared15:

countrygirl
06-05-12, 22:18
The muscle twitching is certain to be anxiety related, I get it terribly at times and it affects almost anywhere - its really weird if you get it in your abdomen!

I have found in the past that laughing is a very dangerous manouvre for me as I can get terrible dizziness/vertigo or feel like I can't breathe or feel like i am going to faint. I think its because when we laugh its as if we are really overbreathing and the symptoms are the same .

Kelseywelseyyy
06-05-12, 22:29
I've also had the twitching. I find if im too excited I can have a panic attack as the adrenaline is pumping then too so I have to be careful. Hope you're feeling better soon x

kinnygirl1
06-05-12, 22:56
Hi Lindajane - I have expeienced similar - once when I was driving the car and suddenly felt like I was in a dream and was worried that I might really be asleep at the wheel of the car - I got a massive rush of adrenalin through my body as I tried to get myself together which caused other horrid symptons like sweating and heart palps(my anxiety is nearly always heart related too). I think that could be like the surge you are describing. It prob only lasted a few mins but it was really scary so I know how you feel.

lindajane1971
07-05-12, 00:15
hi kinny
thanks for reading, I wish I could let someone feel exactly what I feel as its impossible to describe.
I am so scared! I'm 40 yrs old and I'm terrified beyond belief to go to sleep :(