PDA

View Full Version : strange head sensations anyone???

Dizzydoll
06-05-12, 17:04
hi there my main symptom of anxiety seems to be strange head sensations although i still get them all day everyday even when im not anxious??
its a hard one to explain as its not a headache but a horrible feeling in my head which can be quite unbareable and can make me feel like im loosing my mind as if part of my brain is dying off. it can feel abit swishy n foggy n just not right it can also make me eyes feel ike they aint focusing properly or im abit lightheaded n disorientated. i still dont feel ive explained it properly but i was wondering does anyone else have anything like this and if so what are your symptoms and how would you explain it? xxx

debbsi
06-05-12, 18:04
Hi
I dont get those symptoms - but I do get odd sensations around my body - and when I focus on them cos Im worried about them they get worse. The only way to get rid of them is to take my mind off that part of my body - and suprise suprise they go away. Its like when you get a new car - you see loads of cars the same model - its not that there are more of those cars around its just that your attention changes (an attention bias). So when you get a funny sensation you attend to it more and more so it gets worse.

Try some relaxation - or try to take you mind off it xx

honeyb
06-05-12, 18:59
Exactly how i feel. It's like a tight band round my head sometimes i feel like my head is rocking on my shoulders and i get an awfull pressure in my head and ears. Like you my vision is off and i feel off balance. When i get up in the mornings i feel like i've been drinking and can't walk in a straight line. It's horrible and really gets me down.

bandsaw
06-05-12, 23:03
Hi there, i get pretty much the same symptoms as well as many others, head feels full or like a pressure inside, muzzy headed foggy feeling, also get what i can only describe as a flashing sensation in the head which is like a millisecond but makes me feel unsteady and i have to hold on to something for support, also feelings of not walking strait, you say your not anxious but things maybe from the past to present get stored in the sub concience, over the years have had some really odd sensations, if you need more info drop a line this anxiety stuff sucks.

Boxerharvey
09-05-12, 15:08
Had all the symptoms you describe and more, its horrible like im going to have a stroke or something or just lose my mind. My doc tells me its all anxiety related.
When my symptoms are at there worst I feel like the easiest tasks in the world are so hard and I really have to concentrate.

debbsi
09-05-12, 15:24
what has your doctor done about it - has he referred you for therapy or prescribed medications?

Dizzydoll
09-05-12, 18:52
ive currently been on citalopram 8weeks 10mg for 6wks n 15mg the last 2. ive also been having therapy yet the head crazyness wont stop its drivin me nuts

debbsi
09-05-12, 19:11
ive only just started citalopram today but 20mg - so cant really advise on that, the therapy can take some time to work, i went for cbt for about 6 months but now ive finished it im back where i started, maybe if id had therapy whilst on cit it might have been better.
Sometimes its a case of being brave and going with your symtoms - if the drs not worried then try to have some faith in him. Gradually as you start to ignore the symptoms they will go away - the more you worry about it the worse it will get xx

Dizzydoll
09-05-12, 19:12
the thing is it goes then just comes back

debbsi
09-05-12, 19:14
it will take time, could be weeks or even months

Pacific
09-05-12, 19:38
yeah i get this symptom too its like brain fog feelings. It feels weird indeed. You'll be fine tho its anxiety

Choochy
10-05-12, 11:34
Hi everyone, I can relate to all the symptoms. I believe it's a side affect from the meds and also lack of sleep, worry, anxiety all mixed in. I take my medication in the morning and throughout the day I still feel tired, woozy head, foggyness, unbalanced walking, swaying/drunk feeling .... It will subside given time so hang in there!

Craig123
13-08-13, 20:04
You NEED to visit this website (MC2 Method) it really works for all anxiety body symptoms including horrible head sensAtions. Good Luck everyone

ddonaghey1989
18-08-13, 22:03
i get this feeling. its called brain fog look it up online and youl find out more about it. i struggle with it too and dizziness constantly for 7 months now :(

jonathan1985
22-08-13, 00:27
I have these head sensations exactly as you describe...had them for years...doctor says its anxiety..so your not alone :)

chasingdogma
22-08-13, 20:31
I went on Celexa three weeks ago and I've had the exact same issues. It's definitely anxiety related. Your muscles in your neck are tightening up and causing paresthesia in your head.

I get it on top of my head and sometimes in my temples. I call it the heavy head of death.

jacci65
01-12-13, 16:32
I have the exact same feeling everyday is a battle like dizzydoll, its like a wave feeling going through my head feels like im gonna go dizzy for a second then it passes then comes again seconds later, the only time I get abit of relief is when ive been lying down for a while, really un steady on my feet and hate walking or standing I also don't walk in a straight line, and noise makes it worse

ddonaghey1989
03-12-13, 23:49
anyway to make this feeling go away? im at counselling atm and im taking beta blockers at a very mild dose bt its not helping its driving me crazy everyday is a struggle and not having a way to get risnof it makes me even more anxious. jacci65 i feel the exact same way you do. have you seen your dr about it. how long are you suffering? x

Sedaw1
08-01-14, 05:10
Does anyone have an update?

I also get weird sensations like I'm losing my mind or going to have a mental breakdown. It's scaring me and causing more anxiety.

whynotshare
09-05-14, 09:46
the thing is it goes then just comes back

this is my first post on the system .
i think i have something similar. the frustrating (and lucky) thing is it goes and comes back . so something must may it go and something must make it come back .
ive been thinking its possibly low blood sugar related as hormone levels generally have a downstream effect on blood sugar . this could explain it .. OR maybe a hormone itself like acth or dhea.
my plan is to solve this problem .
i do have a basic anxiety problem due to traumatic event 12 yrs ago . this started the problems but right now i just want to shake the recurring feeling in my head which gets so bad it actually hurts and gets me down thinking abt it obsessively anytime it returns.

rgds

tuesdayschild44
12-05-14, 17:47
I was asking earlier if anyone gets a feeling like a head rush? Does anyone else get that feeling, like I have to take a deep breath? Like when your on a ferris wheel or something, that's the best way I can describe it.

trish1955
13-05-14, 16:10
Omg I could have wrote that post its happening right now with me I hate I have had it all day in face for days and it wearing me out x

Rollorcoastermoods
13-05-14, 18:41
I can't believe I've just read the first comment and its hit the nail on the head for me as to how I feel, the head fear (as I call it) has got to be one of the worst symptoms I have other than a full on panic attack were i feel I can't breath but I haven't had one of them for about a year or so now just this annoying unstableness I stopped taking cit 20mg around this time last year and for 6 7 month felt back to normal and almost forgot I had been ill until jan this year and since then I have had this head fear rediculas sweats and anger like I have never known, I believe personally the prescribe medicine only masks the problem making things worse in the long run I spoke to my doc about this and he understands and prescribed Diaz 2mg for as and when I need but I really do have to be in a bad way before I will take one and they do help but I also understand how addictive tey can be and more than one or two can make me feel worse the day after so I try avoid them, all I want is a dead cert answer to what I have got and why but it seems its always fobbed of as anxiety I really to wonder if there's more to this illness than the docs let on and with been so adamant to the doc he now suggests I have bipolar, i feel for all you goes goin through this it really is hell hopefully my time here will change my views on docs and this horrible illness.

heroselohim
22-05-14, 03:58
I've experienced many of the symptoms that were described here. I've 35 years right now and all started at 25 with panic attacks. I'm pretty sure about what I'm going to tell about the source of all these feelings and sensations.

Panic Attacks = First cause. The judgement about feelings in your body detonate negative and very dark thoughts about catastrofic situations. You want to escape, get out from some place, feeling without air, your hearth pumps, etc, etc. Surrender to the moment whenever you can. Relax and trow yourself like a bag of potatos in a chair, bed, stair, etc. This won't disable panic attack immediately, but tension will reinforce it by resistance. This is all about thought discipline and accepting that the effect should not be resisted.

Head with elastic band of pressure = Nothing to do with panic attacks but it's another effect of what I'm going to tell later. This band has nothing to do with stress and has a lot to do with life, blood, chi, energy in YOU. Hairloss is directly related to this and LIFE (blood/essence quality) in you.

Fog of war... sorry....
Fog in the head/eyes = You feel like a lack of clear vision, clear mind, related to the elastic band of pressure sometimes, no always. It could be usual that you cannot think fast, memory is not easily accessible, like you have "your brain" tired.

In my personal experience and perception of reality all of this conditions have a direct relationship to sex/masturbation.

You may or may not believe what I'm going to tell you. But your sexual liquids contain part of your life or physical power, essence. If you retain your semen for 1 month you would feel almighty powerful and intelligent, fast, etc. You would also feel plenty.

My power storage decreased drastically with an old girldfrield I had. There was sex everyday and very intense for a long period of time. It was like 1 year and half

I was a fitness maniac in that days and my physical condition was very very good.

With the pass of time and with the excess of having sex all nights I started to lose weight, strenght, willpower and all ended with having panic attacks.

I felt like a battery that was drained of 90% of it's charge.

It took many years for me to recover from that when I realized that eyaculation had a lot to do with it.

For the ones that want to test what I've told, you can do this:
(this is not to AVOID sex at all, just to create a wider distance between each ejaculation)

1. Avoid thinking of sex, do not resist sexual thoughts, but direct your attention softly to something else. You can read something like "The power of now" of Eckhart Tolle, practice yoga or meditation to discover your inner perception of the body, thoughts and feelings.

2. Print a calendar on your wall and count how many days you could stay without having sex or masturbating, that will empower you in many ways. You energy will accumulate very fast (when you are young)

3. Eat real and nutrient food, lot of vegetables, fruits, legumes, few but quality meat, etc. Ok, this is your choice depending on your "beliefs" / "religion", whatever.

4. Walk every day at least 30 minutes without thinking. Practice your capabilities to enjoy the view, the moment, the air, the feeling of your sorroundings. If women generate sexual attraction do not deny your human nature, feel everything while you walk, but do not let your thoughts project any imaginations about it. My daily practice is a VERY slow walk and a VERY FAST walk, but I've forbidden myself to walk the same speed of the mass, this way you won't get sleep (unconscious thoughts).

5. Breath better, breath correctly, breath down to the lower stomach. This is another way to incorporate energy and conciousness.

6. Do you have lower back pain? Ok, this is the signal of sexual exhaustion.

Chi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, Aerobic exercise, Swimming all will contribute to recover energy and organic flow.

Sexual energy is LIFE.

If you LIFE energy is absent... you have inner emptiness that translates into death or absence of health.

LIFE energy cannot be replaced with food because it's a refined process and combination of BREATH (AIR) + CONSCIOUSNESS (TOUGHT/ELECTRICITY) + FOOD (SOLID NUTRIENTS) + QUALITY LIQUIDS (WATER) + SUN (LIGHT HEATH)

Sorry for my english. I hope this helps!! But you have to know and test this stuff by yourself.

I care a shit about what science tells about it. I know science still didn't beat death or a bald head.

Remember that the hair is like the leaves of a plant, they grow when the plant is healthy and has abundant combination of energy flow.

Regiskhan
05-11-16, 23:59
hey guys the sensations can be described as a fuzzy tingly feeling in the head sometimes around the temples.almost as though your brain is fizzling or bumbing. you also feel off-balance with the legs. A bit of a weird leg feeling as you walk u feel the head sensation too. Sometimes a burning in the head or brain feeling. I find that when I don't get enough sleep let's say for maybe 234 nights I wake up feeling this way during the day it is due to the brain being excessively tired I also find that from texting a lot on the iPhone or whatever phone you may have can also cause your eyes to strain the optic nerve which causes the brain to feel a sensation of burning all in all it's the brain being tired. Due to steess and anxiety definately also cause by lack of sleep. So key is to first accept that ur ik its just stress related and ur brain need deep REM sleep to rejuvinate. The fear of the feelings causes u anxiety. What i did was increase my B complex vitamins. Eat protine. Have positive internal self talk about the sensation. I actually welcomed it and said hey i know you u csn stayvas long as you want. That tricks the brain into seeing this as a friend not a foe so u dint get scared of it. Hence the snxiety iver the feeling goes away. Also you have to sleep well the brain and bidy need sleep to heal. Dont over sleep tho that will cause u to feel heavy headed snd off balsnced. Exercise burns the stress snd the brain releases feel good chemicals. Dont spend time ruminating over it. Find something productive to do this will distract u from the feelings plus it will burn off the stress. And you will feel better. I clean up my apartment. Its an unpleasent feeling i know. You sometimes feel like your brain stop n starts back in split seconds. Thats your brain trying to sleep while you are up and about. But its only due to lack of good sleep stress which causes anxiety n these type of sensations. Sometimes you may even get tingling in the face. Get this book called DARE by Barry Mcdonagh. This book will cure you. Its in amazin snd ibooks audiobooks as well.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

Allow yourself to experience these feelings because do nothing other than anxiety and stress usually due to exhaustion or lack of sleep or overburden in your mind with something that you are stressing about all you have to do is make sure you rest well eat well get exercise take vitamin B complex and eat good healthy protein and fruits and definitely get exercise but the key to this is why you are experiencing the burning fuzzy fizzy had weird feeling and off-balance walking as though you're walking on a cloud don't be afraid of it instead you should embrace it excepted tell it it's welcome to stay there and this tells the brain in the mind that you are not afraid of this feelings so it shuts off the anxiety once that happens you will feel better so except in brace and don't ruminate over it and study over it and obsess over it once you except it and allow it to be it will dissolve and melt away you have to keep yourself busy and active so you're not focusing on it and by keeping busy you burn up a lot of negative energy built up in your body and distress your brain remember to get good sleep not oversleeping but good enough sleep remembered to deep breathe and laydown and meditates keep your mind clear and know that this is not anything other than stress anxiety and exhaustion take care of yourself and be well