PDA

View Full Version : what would a 'normal' person think?

debbsi
06-05-12, 17:47
Hi
just need to rationalise. Although I shouldnt be even entertaining this worry and be looking for reassurance cos i know that is feeding my anxiety - argghh.

My 14 yr old son just told me he could see a bright light in his eye (like in migraine) but it only lasted about 15 mins and he has had no headache and has been sat in front of 2 computer screens all day.

So my rational side says its because of the computer, but my irrational side is panicking!

Please help to calm me down.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

oh he says he has got a very mild bit of a headache

rockydog
06-05-12, 19:47
Hi there my son has silent migraines, no pain just lights in his eye usually one eye. He ended up in hosptal one night with it and they said its very common.
The other posibility is.. has he been sitting near a lamp ? cos you know how you can get like a light in your eye from a camera flash i have had that from sitting near a lamp and it takes about 15 minutes to fade, usually changes colour if you blink while it's going x

Kelseywelseyyy
06-05-12, 20:00
I had this once, I can't remember what it was but it freaked me out, mine only lasted for about 30mins. But I googled it and it reassured me, I too spend a lot of time I front of a screen, studying IT. So I would try not to worry. Maybe book him on for an eye test x

debbsi
06-05-12, 20:24
thanks guys that makes me feel much better :yahoo: