PDA

View Full Version : help im in a bar

sarahblonde32
06-05-12, 17:47
So..im in a busy noisy pub with friends..nightmare..ive tried deep breathing and im still struggling..feel like just runninng out of here..any tips?!
Aaarggh x

grotbags
06-05-12, 17:55
I press my hands when I panic! Not sure why it helps, but it does! Stay in there. The panic should pass soon, and you're doing so well.

eight days a week
06-05-12, 18:27
Please remember you have a CHOICE my friend - whether to stay in there, take a break, or leave completely. It's all, actually, up to you :)

Why not take a break outside, get some fresh air and a bit of space, and accept that if you're out there and don't feel like going back in then you can just go home? Then see how you feel from there :)

rockydog
06-05-12, 19:55
I agree with above dont feel pressured, just take it calmly. I was in a shop and felt like this so had to tell myself ok right at this minute im ok, im managing il stay another minute and see how i am in that minute, if i go outside i will still have the feeling. Try and hang on :)

sarahblonde32
07-05-12, 16:20
Thanks...i survived...just...i used to think alcohol would help relax me but last night it just seemed to make things worse...
youre right i couldve just left...but when you have met with friends and youre all stood around drinking it's really hard just to up and leave!
hell i have to get rid of this damn anxiety...
sarah

Mr Brownstone
08-05-12, 21:09
Do your friends know of your anxiety? Im ok in pubs as long as they arent packed. I then get panicky as Ive recently become claustrophobic (No idea why). Anyway, it happened to me recently, and I just told my pals that there was no way I was going in that particular pub. I dont care if they think im a bit weird...i just wasnt prepared to go in. Is your anxiety over the amount of people rather than anything else? I find standing closer to the door makes things a bit more bearable, because you can get out of there if needs be.

Bob Jones
09-05-12, 23:09
Is it your friends or the place that is causing your symptoms.

Get up, go for a walk, make a pretend phone call, go for a fag, get some crisps, pop down the local shop. This is what I usually do. I tend to detach myself from the environment, water physically or psychologically.

Have you tried talking to your friends about how you feel?

waunder
10-05-12, 08:41
Cool fresh air ,even rain. Nice slow deep breaths than go back in. Try not to let it win by making you go home.