PDA

View Full Version : Worrying too much what other people think

W.I.F.T.S.
07-07-06, 11:54
Isn't it wierd, there are lots of things that you know about yourself, but they don't become fully conscious until you start externalising things like this?

For example, I 'knew' that my motivation for doing a lot of things was to impress other people, but I wasn't fully conscious of it.

One of the main reasons that I wanted to work in television was so that I would appear more interesting when talking to people- girls especially. But, funnily enough, most people weren't impressed, they just thought i was full of myself.

It is a problem that i have. It's hard for me to feel good about my achievements unless I get lots of praise from other people. I know that is a disempowering characteristic and that I need to empower myself by feeling good myself about the things that I do.

It's also a very restrictive attribute. I live with my gran and my dad and there are plenty of times when I felt felt too anxious to go to work, but I couldn't phone in sick because they'd ask too many questions and harass me. In a way that has been a good thing though, because it has made me face my fears.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

carol1969
07-07-06, 12:01
It sounds like a very interesting job to me. Look inside yourself for the answers. You know yourself you have been successful in life even through anxiety you have held your head up high and managed to get through work and that makes you a hero.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything