PDA

View Full Version : 3 months of anxiety hell!

Morag130
06-05-12, 21:42
Does anyone else feel they hold it together more when there alone? I panick more when people are around me. Especially my bf. maybe I my body feels it can let go cause I'm not alone?

Me so far, anxiety sufferer since 16 now 22, last 3 months everything gone down hill Left my job, can't drive and I am now a prisoner in my own room. Tried meds citropram and propranolol together but ended up in A&E yesterday bad side effects after 5 days, so just stopped them so now my heart rate is up and very powerful!

I am starting to think I actually have something wrong with me and my heart and the docs are wrong. Do ecgs detect all heart problems. Diseases?

I keep getting cold sensations in my head an back of my neck what if I've triggered something really bad I.e cancer.

What if my meds I took for 5 days have caused something bad.

Also I've lost over a stone in weight and I can't eat and haven't eaten in days. Feel so week.

I really do sound bad for HA don't I but it's not getting any better just worse and got new sensations that never has before.

:-( wish I could turn it off!

Even now and constant have heart pain. X

Kelseywelseyyy
06-05-12, 22:16
I couldn't eat when I first started taking my meds, the same combo as you and I lost about that too. Like any meds even paracetamol, they all have side effects. It normally takes a couple of weeks for them to disappear and the drug to kick in but if you can stick it out it is worth it. I found the combination really helpful. I know its hard but you have to trust the doctor, they've studied for years to get where they are. I get cold sensations all over my body, especially my chest which is normally the first symptom of an attack, for me x

Mick081081
06-05-12, 23:05
Hi Morag,

Please consider getting back on the meds it's hard at first for a few weeks but don't give up on them after 5 days I know it's not easy with the side effects etc but honestly Citalopram has been a god send to me. It's upto you but my advice is not to give up on the meds at such an early stage as they might be the thing that gets you back to some kind of normality.

I lost 1 3/4 stone to this horrible anxiety and felt terrible I couldn't even be around my own young kids or wife or anyone for a month but it's got a hell of a lot better with Cit, it can't cause you any harm so don't worry that it's done anything physically damaging to you.

What you've got to ask yourself is whether you want to give it a go as you'll never know if you quit now it could be the thing that shows you the light at the end of the dark tunnel your stuck inso reconsider if a few weeks of pain are worth the long term gain.

Hope you feel better soon as its a terrible place to be stuck in.

Take care,

Mick.