PDA

View Full Version : On my own having a migraine :(

Anxious_gal
06-05-12, 21:42
Can't find my pain pills either :( my vision is super bad n I get scared it won't come back . I also get a bit confused n mix my words up n that scares me too.
Not looking forward to feeling out of it for hours .
This is my 2nd migraine in a month .

KK77
06-05-12, 22:42
I had a humdinger of a migraine last week and felt rubbish for days :lac:

Keep up fluid intake as I find dehydration makes it worse.

Tero
06-05-12, 22:46
Take regular pain pills just to get the edge off it and try to sleep. Only cure I know. Besides sumatriptan.

Anxious_gal
06-05-12, 22:49
Im trying to stay calm , feel so out of it but trying to remind myself it will pass.
Finally found my pain pills :)
Ya i was feeling sickly all week , nausea , mild fever , I wonder if that was because I had a migraine coming on ?
I too feel unwell for a few days after a migraine .
It wouldnt be so bad if they didn't last so long and take time to recover from .

KK77
06-05-12, 23:00
I find unsettled weather sets them off too - sudden low pressure etc. But then again, I'm weird :wacko:

sadiesnow
06-05-12, 23:06
im having bad pain on lefthand side of head,taking painkillers every four hours, hope we all feel better soon.

Kelley
07-05-12, 08:12
Are you feeling a bit better mishel? I always find its the what if thoughts and the panic about the episode afterwards that's worse! Those migraines are just so disturbing, I really don't cope at all with them.

Kel x

grotbags
07-05-12, 12:06
Oh how awful. A few years ago my Mum went away for a couple of days and I was left at the house alone, and had a migraine. It was a really terrible one, like you describe. But I do find once they come to a head they tend to disappear quickly. Drink lots of water. Are you on the pill? I started having them a lot so my GP took me off the pill and I haven't had one for a couple of years.