PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 'therapy' into dialy life

W.I.F.T.S.
07-07-06, 12:29
For some reason, I'm very edgy about hypnotherapy and alternative therapies.

I would find it difficult to go for Reiki or Reflexology. Maybe it's because it's something that I have no experience of and I'm afraid of feeling out of place, wierded out and, so, anxious or panicky. There is the expense aswell.

I would really like to give it a go though. My plan is to go to Yoga classes at my health club, which are free as part of my voluntary work, to get an mp3 player and to listen to affirmations and suggestions (let me know of any good ones) while I do my boring job and to go to a day spa every 6 weeks, where they do reiki and reflexology.

Not a bad plan, I don't think. I've been trying to push myself into doing Yoga for a while, but the class will probably be full of women and I'll feel out of place. On the other hand, as I work 2-10 pm, I need constructive and social things to fill my mornings rather than sitting on the computer. With it being free it's too good an opportunity to turn down and I'm probably pre-judging it and it will be better than I expect. Having a daily swim, jacuzzi and sauna is doing wonders for me, so that can only help.

Any other ideas? I've got my phone set to a 'zen' theme with a bamboo shoot background and a calming 'chinese-y' ringtone. I probably need a bit of colour therapy in my room too.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.