PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with general anxiety

stevesmj
07-05-12, 10:44
morning all. hope that the bank holiday is treating you well.

my anxious mind tells me that i should know the answer to every problem in my life and know why i am feeling a little anxious. this is a problem in itself and i think if i just keep on living my life then some things do tend to fade away. of course some do not i know that. but picking at wounds does not let the scabs do their work.

anyway, i tend to write everything down thats bothering me. i do it in a certain fashion that suits me and ive got used to doing it in sections about my life. fears/ill feelings/etc

i then read it out loud to a trusted friend or advisor. for some reason just speaking it alone or thinking about it alone just isnt the same.

i find that when i do this on a regular basis i feel much better. the difficult thing is getting in the habit and finding someone that you can trust and who is willing to help.

doing this has changed the way i feel and i now tend to start getting anxious when i dont do it! how things change.

living life and enjoying it. many thanks for tuning in
steve

BobbyDog
07-05-12, 13:32
Well done Steve, it can be done, we all find our own way of dealing with our 'problems', and it seems like you have found yours.
Congratulations!