PDA

View Full Version : Fear is an awesome thing ... but is it only fear?

meunier
07-05-12, 15:57
I have for the past week at least seemingly been feeling numb everywhere. I wake up with pins an needles in my hands and feet - well, certainly around my ankles. It is frequently in my head, on my tongue ... It's all just driving me mad.

Quick catch up - well, as quick as I can make it ...

Good Friday awoke with stiff jaw and perceived that I had no sensation on the back third of my throat when swallowing. Took myself to an A&E. In the exam they could not elicit a gag on the left side. The doctor came back and said 'you have something on your brain stem' Weekend utter agony. Went to my GP on the Tuesday who elevated the matter so I could see a neurologist. In meantime had a private brain stem MRI. Came back completely normal. Went to neurologist appointment and she assured me that I didn't have MS (which is what my GP suspected) and elicited a gag on both sides. Now have the sensation on right side of throat back ...

BUT two weeks ago yesterday started to feeling muscle tightness/spasms in my arms. As if my muscles were being strangled by an internal blood pressure machine. That moved to my thighs. In the mornings I always awake with some sort of numbness and dry mouth. Now it stays there ALL day. Had blood tests and my Vitamin D rating came back with a 'insufficiency' - e.g. 32 - as opposed to an outright deficiency. On my GP's instruction I have started taking supplements. Don't know how long this takes to kick in. Have upped my own dosage to 4,000 IUs a day based on what I read on the internet.

Decided to have second MRI on brain - just to put my own mind to rest - as that is what the original A&E order said. Did so last week. The neuro-radiologist DIDN'T EVEN LOOKED AT IT. Came back with the same report about the para-nasal pathways being clear ... Those pathways are in the brian stem NOT IN THE BRAIN. Feel totally fobbed off and resent having paid for it. How can people behave like that. The clinician said - quite independently - that he thought the problem could be in my neck. (I DIDN'T ASK ... WHY DO PEOPLE TO THIS? IT ONLY SETS ME OFF!)

This has led to another weekend of anxiety. Now I feel as if the bone in my right buttock is stiffened ... but I am trying to ignore this ... i KNOW I OVERSTRETCHED IT BY EXERCISING ON SATURDAY NIGHT.

Have had anxiety before BUT NEVER LIKE THIS .... I have been reading about it loads ... and ordered more books .... but a going stir crazy. Have taken myself to two plays in the last two days ... and two more to come in the next two ... but I STILL FEEL CRAZED.

Anyone out there got ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ....

Anything will REALLY HELP ...

I do, sincerely believe, that I am causing this. I DON'T WANT TO ... THUS I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S HAPPENING. I JUST WANT THIS TO GO AWAY ...

I will go to a GP tomorrow .... and (i) ask for some help getting a radiologist just to read my latest scan and (ii) see about getting some meds for the anxiety ... I honestly DON'T BELIEVE I have anything life threatening .... and I was ONLY doing the scan to finalise that ...

Why, oh, why?

Bless you for your patience and kind understanding.

Bless you ALL