PDA

View Full Version : Constant hip pain and lower back ache

pearl79
07-05-12, 18:08
Any one suffered with constnt pain in hips or back with tension?
Anyone had so much tension that its effected them so much pain has become chronic?
im really struggling with paain and its all the time, just gets worse if i do something slightly strenuous.
Im worried cuz its not getting any better.
Its in my right hip and round to my lower back, it really is unpleasnat an dim worried it cancer or something because its lastinng so long, its got worse since christmas, but what i try and ask myself is that it started when i was at my most stressed and i havent really calmed much in 8 months, its been my worse episode of Ha yet. So have i done damage being so tense or is it bad xxx

miss sparkle
07-05-12, 21:16
hiya.
I am currently suffering with pains around tummy lower back and ribs, so understand what you are paying.
Rationally i think i have always suffered with bad ache , but combined with tummy, it is worrying me.
I went doctors and he had a feel, but didn't seam concerned.
Its so difficult to be rational isn't it. have you been doctors?x

pearl79
07-05-12, 22:11
Ive been docs a couple of times but they are fully aware of my HA. Plus ive had a pelvic ct scan and a ultrasound of my womens bits and internal exams galore. Also full bloods. So on mention my pain worsonin they they just ask me what i thinks wrong.. Look at blood test results from a few months back and say see you again!! x

Dreamalittledream
08-05-12, 02:44
pearl79,

I am about an hour away from an osteopath appointment, which I decided to do because of hip pain (so will let you know how I go).

My hip pain came about after a massage (massuese is great and it isnt her fault). I suffer and always have done from chronic tension in my muscles (tension migraines etc). I went and saw the massage lady a week after my first one and she said that my hip area had been very very tense both times (heck she said I felt like I drove trucks for a living - I actually am a kept woman and am just around home).
But also that my hips were slightly out, so effectively one leg was slightly longer than the other. Now I don't know if this would show up on a scan of the pelvis or not, but I know I have had several episodes of physio for this area and they all said that I have very weak muscles in this area.

Have you tried gentle exercises for strengthening your stomach and lower back muscles? As weaknesses in these can cause some pretty major pains. I also found that a series of exercises really helped loosen up the muscles and tendons, if you would like to know which ones I did I can let you know.

I think a lot of mine is caused by the tendons on the front of my hips/thighs having shortened because I spend so much time sitting and also sleep on my side in fetal position.

pearl79
08-05-12, 07:59
Thankyou for replying, i am really interested in stretches and exsersizes. :) the doctor is sending me for physio, but still waiting for an appt.
It pain feels muscular, and i had a couple of osteo session and was told i was very very tense, and also so massures told me i was also very tense.
The pain if very much worse, i tend not to sit down much as i have young children, but i am a massive HA sufferer, for a long time.
Im debating a docs appt this morning, cuz im on my period and its making the pain worse, but im wondering if thats likely to happen anyway x

thankyou again, i will message you my email address xxxx