PDA

View Full Version : Hello quite new and need advice

Lala'sworld
07-05-12, 19:03
Hello I have posted before last year and pop in and out when my anxiety is high. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am worried that I have passed on my GAD to my son...

He is nearly 21 and lives at home. Gave up his job last year as he was smoking cannabis regularly and was in a bad place. I made him see a Doc and made him give up weed, which he'd been smoking since he was 17 on a regular basis.

He is very clever and has loads of GCSEs and Highers, but has had trouble keeping a job...this was due to his habit, he was never sacked, just left.

Anyhow moving on...he has not smoked cannabis since May last year but he has been unable to get another job...not easy at the moment, but he doesn't go out, he has 3 times arranged interviews and then cancelled due to this or that at the last minute, this makes me think he has a kinda or agrophobia/social phobia; he has stopped all contact with his mates, other than one he speaks to on his Xbox and I am seriously worried my anxieties over the years have passed to him...

I can't make hiim go to the the GP, but I know he needs help, his life is passing him by and its making my anxiety come back worrying about him.

Does anyone have any advice to give me?

:blush:

diane07
07-05-12, 19:05
Hi Lala'sworld

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Lala'sworld
07-05-12, 19:51
Thanks NMP
Have been a member since the 90s and found the newsletters invaluable in the early days....
:)

BobbyDog
07-05-12, 20:32
I would persist with him going down the doctor route, anyone can suffer from anxiety.

Lala'sworld
07-05-12, 20:48
I have tried to suggest the GP and even Counselling....he refuses!

Alvi
11-05-12, 13:06
Hello Lala
Just thought I'd say that he might be suffering from depression. I smoked Weed for a number of years and since stopping I've felt more depressed. I guess all you can really do is keep talking to him about your worries and hope he opens up and decides he will see a Dr. Sorry if this isn't any help. x