PDA

View Full Version : Consultant tomorrow afternoon !!!!

kittykat
07-05-12, 19:48
Well tomorrows the day for the diagnosis.......needless to say i am feeling very stressed . But at least i'll know one way or the other if this irregular shape and texture polyp on gallbladder is suspicious......the thing is appt isnt until 3.20pm ...typical.....its been a total of 4 weeks since my ultrasound scan the longest in my life so far( every ache and pain has not been good if you know what i mean) and this is with my doctor who has been brilliant pushing it through....guess i'll double my dose of diazepam just for tonight to get a sleep and a double dose to get me through tomorrow , just wish me luck everyone xx

Darwin73
07-05-12, 20:22
Hi kittycat, I have been following your gallbladder thread and just wanted wo wish you all the very best for tomorrow. This time tomorrow the appointment will be done and dusted and hopefully you will be able to have a good night's sleep. Let us know how it goes:hugs:

kittykat
07-05-12, 20:25
Ty Darwin....much appreciated xx

miss sparkle
07-05-12, 20:27
Good luck, hope you get a good nights sleep and feel rested for tomorrow. Let us know, sure you will fine x

MissBoo
07-05-12, 20:51
All the best Kitty. I too am waiting for results, so I am here if you need to chat.

JennyW
08-05-12, 09:34
i too have been following your thread. I'm sure you'll be fine but good luck and let us know how you get on.

The afternoon appointments are the worse aren't they?

kittykat
08-05-12, 12:08
Have woke up this morning with a really sore throat and ear, swollen gland just above my left collarbone ....typical( this scare has sent my HA off in all different avenues , thing was i did have it under reasonable control , without medication as well )......feel like staying in bed think its maybe just the stress of everything....going to have a shower but feeling really edgy and shaky......will let you know how i get on later this afternoon , ty all for caring , and yes Miss Boo afternoon appts suck especially when they know you suffer from anxiety !!

kittykat
08-05-12, 17:10
well tht was a bit of a wait 1.5 hrs over appt time....the gallbladder has to come out but he wants me to lose a stone first, have another appt in 2 mths time.....hes not sure if its a stone or polyp until they take it out as a lot of polyps do turn out to be stones, pressed all my tummy and no lumps or bumps were found so thts good, also if it is a polyp then its another wait for the pathology to be done on it....oh and got my bloods done for liver function and blood count , asked him if he though it was the big C but obvoiusly couldnt comment till it came out...so will still be worrying a bit till the op .....stress !!! so still not totally convinced all is well in the big C department .

pearl79
08-05-12, 19:23
hi kittykat, ive also followed your post. may i ask how old you are? and why does your gallbladder have to come out? how did you come to find the polyp?
Does the doctor think you are over weight?
hope all is ok with you, and you are able to relax abit xxxx

Darwin73
08-05-12, 21:00
I can imagine the 1.5 hr wait sent your anxiety into overdrive! I think if they were worried it was anything "serious", they would not wait for you to lose a stone or make you wait 2 months before you have another appointment. It sounds like they feel that taking your gallbladder out will be the best course of action to alleviate your symptoms. It's a very common op and I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep us posted.

kittykat
08-05-12, 22:04
Ty you all for replies.......Darwin that's what i was thinking surely if they thought it was a cancerous growth they would have me in sooner rather than later......quite surprised its getting taken out no discussion or anything as i know folks that have had to beg cause they are in so much pain.........i;ve had pAIN ON AND OFF FOR 5 YRS HAD ENDOSCOPY BUT TUMMY WAS FINE , JUST HAD THE HELI BACTOR BUG , BUT STILL GOT SYMPTOMS ON AND OFF OVER THE YEARS......last attack was end of march lasted 24 hrs and was rather painful and doc decided to send me for ultrasound just to rule things out and thats how it was found , i was worried about gallbladder cancer as my gran died from it as well , im 40 and have put on a fair bit of weight since my mum died 3 yrs ago ( due to post operative complications which scares me from having this op as well )but with the worry over past 4 weeks have managed to lose a stone already .....so he would like me to just lose another stone so that its better for the anaesthetic point of view, sure i can do that in 2 mths wish me luck xx

pearl79
08-05-12, 22:07
good luck my love , im sure you will be fine x