PDA

View Full Version : anyone had a constant muscle twitch?

lindajane1971
07-05-12, 21:23
hey guys

since yesterday morning ive had a muscle twitch in my left arm, by my elbow, in the fleshy part there, its twitching quite hard, you can see it moving a lot when it happens. Its happening every hour,for roughly 30 seconds at a time, sometimes every 15 mins, then maybe nothing for 2/3 hours.
ive had random twitches before and never given them a second thought, however this one is different!! Ive never known anyone to have one in the same place for so long!!! Its scaring me now :(
I am usually very good and dont turn to google, however i did today as its been going on so long and a twitch must be harmless right??? well no!! there was a list of things that might cause it!!! all of them probably bad too, once i seen the list i closed the page, didnt actually read any of them.
its enough though to further scare the be-jeesuz out of me and i cant get it out of my mind once it starts, right now actually as i write this its started twitching away!!!
Also my left arm feels a little "weak" at my elbow, like ive been leaning on it for ages, but i havent........
anyone any ideas on this??
linda

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

literally after posting this i now have pins and needles in both my feet!! arghhhhhhhhhhhh leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris9642
07-05-12, 21:28
I have something similar in my legs but mine is more of a jerk than a twitch. Well done for not slipping into a deep google search! My jerking has been fairly bad today and I'm sat on a train now practically running up and down the aisles in panic after a google session. I think the twitching will be harmless bt the only thing that ever makes me feel bette is a visit to the doctor for professional reassurance - why lasts about a day before I forget all rational advice and slide back into a panic!

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Oh and the pins and needles in feet I get all the time .... So bad in my right foot today that it was effecting my walking.

lindajane1971
07-05-12, 21:32
hello chris,
ive had dodgy legs for a few years now, restless leg syndrome, is that what you have?? i yes i know how you feel right now, when i get it i have to move them as its the only thing that stops it!! But weirdly it dont make me anxious at all!!!! Omg our bodies are so darn weird!!!!!!!!

chris9642
07-05-12, 21:41
I don't know if it's restless leg syndrome.... It's occasional jerky movements that seemed to start around the same time as my anxiety - its exhausting ha ha

meche
07-05-12, 21:53
I get this to - not RLS though. Usually when I'm relaxing my arm/foot, any part of me will just flinch. Sometimes it's mild or it can be a big jolt like I've had an electric shock. Scary! It was really bad at the height of my anxiety but goes when I feel ok. I hate this symptom more than anything! X

chris9642
07-05-12, 21:57
Good to know thanks - I notice it more when I'm relaxing - particularly leg flinches - which today I have decided is the next obvious sign of a brain Tumor :(

Lifelonganxiety!
10-12-14, 00:02
I've had muscle twitches for over a decade and it never progresses to anything. My calves and inside my feet pretty much every day. Once in a while, I'll get a large twitch appear in a specific spot like my stomach, or a thigh that lasts for a few days then goes away. I also get full on leg flinches sometimes. It's part of anxiety, it's part of life!

Check out the website on BFS for details. It's pretty common!

Canbud
10-12-14, 00:26
I have Restless Legs Syndrome. It runs in my family--father and sisters have it too.

I take Mirapex every night for it. It kicks in when you're resting--sitting on the couch watching tv, and esp when you go to bed. It feels differently to everyone, but the common feature is that you can't keep your legs still. Sometimes it travels to my arm.

Peppapig
10-12-14, 00:27
I've had twitches in all sorts of places for five months now. Terrified I had something awful I saw a neur who did tests and an EMG and diagnosed me with BFS. It's more to do with anxiety than anything else and I'm always worrying about my health which doesn't help. Neuro told me to try meditation

Juan Inch
10-12-14, 06:55
Hi all,

I had it earlier this week in my shoulder muscle on my right side. Seems to have calmed down now. I have read from numerous web sites that its all caused by stress and anxiety.

Had an incident about a month ago where my eyelid just kept twitching. Went on for a bout a day or two and then vanished. Again, have read this is a common side effect to stress.

I think sometimes you have to try and be rational. My mum has MS but I very much doubt I have it at 34 (least of all because all these muscle spasms and all the other symptoms began when I started to get stressed and worried over my dads health).

I also wonder whether these muscle aches, pains and spasms can be brought on by lack of excercise. Up until about 5/6 weeks ago I was doing EXTENSIVE excercise everday for upto an hour. Alot of muscle work. I havent done ANY since my daughter was born and now I have all sorts of back aches, side aches etc. I wonder whether suddenly stopping excercise can have an adverse effect on you muscles? Almost like a factory machine that gets used everyday and then seizes up when its not used after being used for so long...

KayeS
10-12-14, 14:22
I get small twitches all the time, but when I'm particularly anxious, I get bigger ones. For the last 2 days my left quad has been twitching constantly. I've had fingers twitch for a week before. I do regular weight training at the gym and I find that if I stop training (as I have done for the last week or so due to anxiety/stress) then the twitching is worse. Almost as if my muscles are reacting to the lack of stimulation that they are used to.

HopeI'mWrong:P
11-12-14, 04:27
My thumb twitched for 2 weeks straight once. Every few seconds it would jerk. All day, every day. Eventually it went away though. That was 2 and a half years ago now and not had anything like that since :)