PDA

View Full Version : New here - hello everyone xx

dapham
08-05-12, 10:20
Hello everyone.... I would like to introduce myself and thank you for taking time to read this post.

For the last few months I have been sitting in the background, reading posts, yet not plucking up courage to write anything myself.

Well here goes. I have had anxiety about my health for about 5 years now, it is driving me mad. I "have" one disease to another, if I can eliminate one problem with a visit to the GP I am temporarily over the moon, only to find myself back to square one again within a week or two. I spend hours and hours googling, finding posts an forums, some which help, others send a cold tingle through me and I wish I had never looked !!

I used to be such an outgoing person, and in fact I am great at helping others with their problems, but when it comes to me - well, I don't let anyone in. I put my lipstick on and smile.. I would be ashamed if my friends knew about my health anxiety. I HATE myself for it. I put on a great mask to both family and friends, and carry on as if there is nothing wrong but inside I am an absolute pickle !!!

I hope I haven't bored you all, but wanted to say hello and thank you x

pearl79
08-05-12, 11:01
You are so not alone... Your post sounds as tho i wrote it!!
Welcolme to NMP...
Message me any time as i have and still am suffering like you. Its pants i know xx

dapham
08-05-12, 11:11
Thank you Pearl. I appreciate your response xx.
I think health anxiety is a very lonely condition, just you left to your own devices and that nasty inner voice that keeps nagging away at you.
It certainly does help to know you are not alone.

I have been taking fluoxetine for the last 5 years, and I don't think it is helping, either that or the anxiety has just over run any good it's doing. Today I decided to post on this forum for the first time, and also see the GP (or anyone!) to see if a different medication might help. I don't want to go on in this way. I am becoming a bit of a recluse and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, thank you again x

miss sparkle
08-05-12, 11:26
hiya.
You age so right.
There is the rational bit of you that says listen to the doctor, and then the crazy ha past of you that is paying 'they are wrong, missed something' etc etc.
I have had enough!
I feel so lonely with it all. Just hope this site doesn't get too strict with the guidelines as it has been a heal help to me recently x

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

sorry for typos on my phone-dam spell check! x

dapham
08-05-12, 11:29
Thank you for your reply miss sparkle. I know, it does feel very lonely.

I will post when I come back from the docs about medication, and whether she has any tips . Thank you again x

julynn
08-05-12, 19:24
hi welcome to the forum
you sound like me too. this is all new to me have had HA for a year now and i hate every bit of it. the constant thinking somethings really wrong with me the anxiety and the stress.
im currently waiting to see a cbt in june i really hope it helps. i hide alot from my family which i dnt tink helps with the anxiety but i dnt want them worring i have 3 children too.
we will all get better eventually
take care x

darksideofthemoon
08-05-12, 22:26
Hi,

I just joined also. I have been reading and following the posts for a little while and just got the courage to join after reading your post.

Trust me your not alone I have been having problems for years.

I just hope and pray that joining this forum does not make me get worse. This is one of my biggest fears.

Take Care :unsure: