PDA

View Full Version : Scan!

zippy
08-05-12, 18:31
I have just been for a pelvic ultrasound scan to see if a cyst had gone on my ovary and everything was fine. While i was in i mentioned the lump on my belly that i have been taking antibiotics for 3 weeks because my gp thinks its an abscess. She put the scanner on it and she said nothing was showing up under my skin surface so it could be a fatty lump. Does anyone know if it was anything sinister it would have shown up on the scanner?

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Nobody know?

pearl79
08-05-12, 18:36
well id like to think so, i went for a breast ultrasound to look for lumps and was nothing there, so id like to think it would be the same for other parts.
but thats just my opinion x

zippy
08-05-12, 18:41
Thanks Pearl 79. It's just bizarre how there is a lump because i can get hold of it but nothing showed on the scan. I know it isn't an abscess because the antibiotics arent doing anything.

pearl79
08-05-12, 19:17
where abouts on your belly? and how long has it been there?

zippy
08-05-12, 19:40
Below my belly button and its been there a month. I have been to see 3 different gp's who say its an abscess but i don't think it is because the antibiotics arent getting rid of it and isn't even sore or have an head on. That's why i thought it was strange nothing showed when she put the scanner on.

pearl79
08-05-12, 19:50
is it a cyst? i had one on the inside of my elbow joint. was round about the size of those mini bouncey balls or a cherry tom. i was booked in for surgery to have it removed and it went on its own. strange!!! it never hurt xx

im not sure, obviousy im just trying to guess xxx :)

zippy
08-05-12, 20:10
But would a cyst not have shown on the scanner? She mentioned it could be fatty tissue because it wouldnt show up on the scan. I hate HA, i am trying to think rationally but you know what its like. 3 doctors have felt it and they all say it's nothing nasty but i am worried because its not going down with the antibiotics.

pearl79
08-05-12, 20:35
i completely understand, really really. ive slipped again with my HA, was ok for the last month or so, but suddenly ive worried about dvt and about 4 types of cancer within the last 2 weeks... it really is horrible to suffer with but i do have to rationalise i think there are worse out there than me who really are suffering. But it doesnt make waking up at 4 every morning in a complete state of panic or living in dred and fear any easier...

zippy
08-05-12, 20:42
I know it's draining isn't it! I was doing ok the last few months as well until i got this stupid lump. I have even been dreaming/nightmares about my health even though i don't feel as anxious as i have been in the past. I woke up at 3.40 this morning in a sweat and dreamt my arm/hand had swollen up and it was 10x bigger than it should be. I couldnt get back to sleep, it's exhausting.

pearl79
08-05-12, 20:58
it is exhausting, i was awake thru the night making sure i keep myself moving cuz frightened of blood clots.... stupid me xx

zippy
09-05-12, 15:44
Anybody else because i am still worried :ohmy:

miss sparkle
09-05-12, 20:10
hi zippy.
I think cancer is probably able to be seen on a scanner, as when i had my breast lump looked at, that's what they used, of i know from reading things on here when checking lymph nodes and other things, they use ultrasound.
So much easier said than done, but i think that your lump is fine. 3 doctors and a machine can't be wrong!
just because it doesn't clear up with your anti biotics, doesn't mean its something nasty.
Totally understand your worry though, as usual i am battering my own personal cancer demons atm x

zippy
09-05-12, 20:41
I know it's exhausting all this constant worry. We are never satisfied, i have seen 3 different gp's who all said it wasn't anything nasty and got the lady to put the scan thing on and i still don't believe it isn't anything sinister. I don't think i will believe until i get it properly looked at and know 100% what it is.