PDA

View Full Version : anaemia very scared more worries

smogie
08-05-12, 16:37
went back to doc today because of my out of control anxiety ha was very reassuring and tried to calm me down but stupidly looked at the screen and saw exclamation marks against some of my results white count and platelets am now going out of my mind he said it was all connected to the anaemia but i dont know whether to believe him please someone help:weep::weep::weep::weep:

kinnygirl1
08-05-12, 16:51
You should believe him. They would have to tell you if there was something you weren't aware of. I know this for sure!

smogie
08-05-12, 20:17
thankyou he said he was 95% certain it was only my age and diet related but its hard not to think about the other five% have to go back friday for my stool results thankyou again

Breezay
09-05-12, 10:06
I had random anaemia a few years ago.. There was nothing that really caused it, I still don't know what happened to make me anaemic? Tbh, I don't think the Drs knew. Sometimes it can be as simple as your body just isn't absorbing the nutrients from food. Anyway, I had a month on iron tablets and I've been fine since. I'm sure your results are all related to the anaemia, your GP would have had to tell you if it was something else :) Try not to worry, get plenty of rest & feel better soon xx

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Just wanted to add that the stool sample might have been just to see whether your body is taking in the nutrients or not :) & honestly, sometimes there isn't a real reason for the anaemia. I was only very slightly anaemic according to my GP, but I felt like death! I couldn't breathe without it feeling like I was going to pass out from lack of energy!

My Mum has been anaemic more recently than me, that was down to heavy periods :)

smogie
09-05-12, 14:00
thankyou i know i should try and think rationally but cant this awful feeling out of my head that there is something really bad happening to me have had about ten hours sleep since sunday am in full on panic mode nearly allthe time im just so scared x x

countrygirl
09-05-12, 22:15
Were the stool samples the do three and smear it on seperate cardboard thingies?? if so this is to check that you do not have any occult bleeding in your digestive tract- its a very standard routine test for anyone with anaemia. All sorts of none sinister things can cause anaemia - my mother in law is 88 and has been anaemic all her life!

smogie
10-05-12, 08:39
yes it was one of those i am trying to see the doc again today as i cant carry on with this level of anxiety i cant eat or sleep and havent made it into work today just cant face the thought of being something bad cant get these thoughts out of my head am so scared and unhappy:weep::weep::weep:

smogie
11-05-12, 09:31
going back to docs for results today have never been so scared in my whole life think if its bad news they will have to put me a psyche unit cos i aint gonna cope very worried and scared please help me

Anxious_gal
11-05-12, 12:07
What are you so afraid of?
Your imagination! All those scary thoughts and what if this or that happens to me, is simply an over active imagination.

Your doctor would not lie out right like that too you.
We have all gotten funny blood results but been ok x

I've had anemia too and had to take tablets and was perfectly ok :)

Honestly if you were actually sick you'd be in bed tired and weak.
Between the anemia and the anxiety it's causing you all sorts of extra symptoms that I guess are adding to fear sometime is wrong.

Remember worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

it's normal to be having anxiety waiting for results, even non anxious people would have some anxiety :)

let us know what the doctor says !

On the bright side if this or anything similar happens again, you'll remember how you got through it and you were ok even with the anxiety x

smogie
11-05-12, 14:11
thank you so much everyone the tests were clear:) thank god he said the anaemia is down to funny periods and crap diet and NOT CANCER! Youre so right mischel my anxiety was totally out of control everything i was thinking was fueling my worries but i didnt know how to combat it this has been the worse week of my life im so glad i had people on here to share with. He wants to see me in two weeks just to see if my anxiety has settled down and test my blood again in two months thankyou again xxxxx

stressybessy
11-05-12, 23:00
Hi, I have also been anaemic recently due to heavy P's and it affected my platelet count. Since taking the iron tablets for a couple of months the platelet count has gone back down to a normal level. My GP also said it was 'reactive' due to the anaemia.

smogie
12-05-12, 17:12
well the euphoria of the test results seems to have disappeared and am still in a high state of anxiety please can anyone help me understand why i was given good news but cant seem to calm myself down why????????

imissnotworrying
12-05-12, 17:57
well the euphoria of the test results seems to have disappeared and am still in a high state of anxiety please can anyone help me understand why i was given good news but cant seem to calm myself down why????????

sometimes anxiety can just present for no reason. i have days of feeling like i 'can't calm down' that's how i describe it to people, even though i don't (at that moment) have a reason to be anxious. it's sometimes residual anxiety from things in the past. i just tend to tell myself 'this feeling will pass, it's not going to last'
and it does pass Xx

Breezay
12-05-12, 23:54
Your anaemia might be causing you to feel this way. I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax & remind yourself that there is nothing seriously wrong with you :) The iron tablets will soon kick in & you'll be back to normal in no time x

smogie
14-05-12, 19:04
thankyou breezay ive had a very anxious morning was hard at work but got through it and havent been as anxious this afternoon just hope my sleeping goes back to normal soon am knackered!!:wacko:

smogie
15-05-12, 18:57
still no sleep and bad anxiety am at the end of my tether please help