PDA

View Full Version : Women - irregular bleeding and spotting

c700
08-05-12, 16:48
Hi I'm really down at the minute and need some advice.
I suffer from health anxiety and always had irregular periods but i have been on the pill for the past 10 years since coming off the pill over 2 years ago they have been very irregular: last six months have been 44, 35, 48, 49, 38 and I'm currently bleeding well dark brown discharge so not sure if it is or not ( sorry too much info) at 32 days. I have also been having spotting around 20 days for past 6 months.
I am 33 and also wanting to get pregnant we have been trying for a year in may so been using the clear blue sticks for past 3 months and I feel like it is helping me see that I am ovulating.
Nothing has appeared this month though but I didn't start using them them till cd19 so if it is my period I might have missed it.

I have been to the docs and smear up to date, had bloods done, swabs and internal done. I also went for a gyno scan and that came back clear. The doctor has now decided to send me for a colposcopy so getting worked up about that!
Each month I am getting more and more upset. I am also getting down about the bleeding and not knowing what is going on. I'm not sure what will happen next when I go to hospital. But I'm struggling and it is becoming all I think about.

Breezay
09-05-12, 09:55
It can take up to a year for your periods to normalise after coming off the Pill. When I stopped taking it, I didn't have a period for 6 months.. Went for tests and it was a hormonal imbalance. Bah. Take your time with trying for a baby, it is completely normal for it to take a year in people with regular periods! :)

The brown blood is likely to be old blood, completely normal. I tend to get it at the end of most periods :) xx