PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again...

rhowes2000
08-05-12, 21:10
Hi all,

It's been a while since I was on here, nearly 5 years so the last log in tells me! I wasn't a prolific poster back then so I doubt anyone will remember me.

Anyway, most of the last 5 years have been good with regards to health anxiety. The last few months have got worse though, really feel like I am on a slippery slope. I won't go into all the history and bore everyone, I, like many others, am seeking reassurance from fellow sufferers.

I can usually tell when symptoms are panic/fear, this certainly helps to deal with it too. Today has been tough though, first the symptoms. I'm much more lightheaded than normal, I usually feels like I am goings to pass out but this is stronger. I had a strange sensation on the left part of my head (top) like a headache but not similar to one I have had before. Right arm feels weaker and pins and needles in my right foot. Eyesight has been affected too, hard to focus occasionally. I stupidly googled it, hoping to get lots of results about panic but instead it was mainly stroke/TIA I'm now convinced that's what it is.

Now the logic, yesterday I drove around 450 miles and was a passenger for around a further 300, most of it on foreign soil soi was concentrating a lot more. I had had a few busy days before too, so pretty down. Have any of you experienced these kind of symptoms before? Does being mentally over tired affect anybody else in ways that haven't experienced before?

Oh and one other factor, I have put on about 4 stone in the last year unfortunately, not good for my physical or mental health.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to being part of this great community again.

Hopefully these years of anxiety experience that I'm racking up will allow me to help others too!

Richard