PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour worries

cattia
08-05-12, 21:58
I have been doing soooo badly lately with BT worries. A couple of times lately, I have experienced what I think are phantom smells which I know can be the first symptom of a BT.
It has happened when I have been in bed, and I have smelled a strong, sweet smell, like sweet toast or something cooking. It is not an unpleasant smell but when I wake up I can smell it very strongly, and when I ask my husband he can't smell it at all! This has happened a couple of times over the past couple of weeks and I am now totally freaking out that I am having seizures and this is the first sign of a BT.
I have had phantom smells before a couple of years ago, but they were always different smells wheras I have had this same one a few times now. I know I should go to the Dr but I am so scared of having an MRI and finding out I have a brain tumour, all I can think about is dying and leaving my kids and I can't enjoy life at all because of this awful worry :(

pearl79
08-05-12, 22:05
my doctor told me when i went thru the brain tumor worries that normally you would have trouble in your face etc. so she put me thru a string of facial movements to see if there was anything a miss. or if a side of my face or part wsnt moving as it should..
I felt like a right idiot doing it, like puffing out my cheeks etc, but was worth it cuz it really made alot of sense why. maybe you could ask about reassurance from your doctor xx

Ps, i worry the same about leaving my 3 lush kiddies but ll part and parcel of HA!!
Message me anytime, x