PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm on the verge of being labelled nuts!

Em84
09-05-12, 07:32
Hiya....

So last week I wasn't feeling great, had some strange dizziness and every time I sat still I felt like my body wasn't still....it's hard to explain. I booked an appointment at that time as I was worried and the appointment was last Tuesday with my usual doctor
I went and saw him and as I had to wait a week I kind of felt better so I didn't really know what to explain to him...he said there were a lot of virus's going around and when I said about this odd body sensation he said there can be a mild form of Labrynthitits that can follow after a virus...that was it.....

THEN I FINALLY BOOKED MY FIRST WAY OVERDUE SMEAR TEST! I'm really scared about this one...shes given me the 16th....I told her to make sure I'm not waiting to long as I may leave it....

So anyhow....my son vomited on Wednesday night and Thursday night last week...(was quite a lot)....I woke up on Saturday and within 10 mins I vomited quite bad and ever since that moment I have had bad diorreah....Bright yellow which was worrying me TMI....I rang anHS direct on Monday as my mouth is really dry and they said to go and get some sachets that help with dehydration...tried them Yuk.....

Tuesday- I rung the surgery for an emergency appointment as the pharmacist said 3 days then get checked....plus my baby's not well either.

I went in and told her then she said it was a bug and the little one has conjunctivitis, While I was there I asked her about my shoulder blade pain and this odd looking mole (I have used sun beds for 3 yrs and one mole has gone odd) she said it looks ok but I have to check with my usual doctor as he has the right equipment to look properly.she obv knows about my anxiety

GREAT so now I will need to book another appointment with my usual doctor to check this out...I only saw him last week....I don't want to get labelled as a nut job...but I do feel that I need it looked at....

It's funny as I used to avoid the doctors all the time and I had these things pile up and it's irritating that now is the time I have decided to investigate things, I don't want to be known as a hyberchondriac.....I just want to be taken seriously....

Do any of you avoid generally worrying things to save your name.
:blush:

pearl79
09-05-12, 08:21
My Ha is so severe that i have given up worrying what the docs think. When at my worse i will go to the docs 3 to 4 times a week. And each and every time i feel i have a good enough reason to go. I think as long as im regularly checked i should be ok x
hope u get well soon.... And your lil one :-)

Jenwales
09-05-12, 09:05
That strange dizziness might have been anixety by the way but im no doctor. Yeah I always wonder whats wrong with me when any tiny little thing presents itself, i went to see my doctor twice in one week. Have to go back next week... but thats a different story.
I've been to the hospital before now(well out of hours) and found out it was just my anxiety. At the time you feel ill so it's ok to get it checked out. If they're not sympathetic then they should be really.

candy_floss
09-05-12, 13:35
Since the start of January this year, I've lost count of the amount of times I've been to the doctors - usually at least twice a week!
At the minute I'm goimg round and round in circles trying to get a refferal to have my swollen lymph nodes checked out. I have several, all painless in my neck and behind both ears. Every doctor I've seen has been completely unconcerned by this. I'm told they are all small, moveable and not getting bigger. My blood tests results were clear so I'm 'fine' apparently...but none of them can tell me WHY they are swelling up for no apparent reason so it's back to the doctors I go!
My regular doctor has told me that everyone is struggling to take me seriously now because my situation is 'bananas' (his exact words!) and every appointment pretty much ends up with a discussion about my mental state, regardless of what physical symptoms I have come to ask about.

I know it must be difficult to handle a patient with HA but sometimes I wish they'd be a bit more understanding and less dismissive. It's got to the point where I'm embarrassed to ring up because I know the receptionists must know my name by now and must all be sat there rolling their eyes.
I'm off to the doctors tommorow for an appointment that I booked 3 weeks in advance. Here's hoping they take me a bit seriously when they see that I've tried not to come running straight back to the doctors and have given the lymph nodes time to settle down (which they haven't :weep:).
Sometimes if you just wait a few days, the symptoms settle and you'll find that you needn't of gone to the doctor at all. I wish I'd done this more in the past rather than booking the first available appointment because it never solved anything, just made the doctors think I was 'bananas' :blush:.

Good luck with it & hope you start feeling better soon hun!

purplehippo
09-05-12, 16:47
Dont worry what the doctors think,i go an average of once to twice a week ,at the moment its averaging twice.
I do feel a bit embaressed as i see their faces (i see several) but i just think seeing them regularly anything is more likly to be noticed.
Im going to see if i can get regular bloods done too,even if i have to pay,anything to try to stop this panic:(
Goodluck to you and don worry what others think xxx

miss sparkle
09-05-12, 21:33
I couldn't help having a little chuckle at your posts here, i hope you don't mind.
Not that i am taking the mickey, far from it, i totally understand where you are all coming from.
What amuses me is all our doctors sitting rolling their eyes when they see our names spring up on the system.
I went today and it was another pointless appointment.
she just got me to fill in a 'how depressed are you?' form and nodded and hummed, them sent me off without even checking me over.
humph..:/

candy_floss
09-05-12, 23:33
Dont worry what the doctors think,i go an average of once to twice a week ,at the moment its averaging twice.
I do feel a bit embaressed as i see their faces (i see several) but i just think seeing them regularly anything is more likly to be noticed.
Im going to see if i can get regular bloods done too,even if i have to pay,anything to try to stop this panic:(
Goodluck to you and don worry what others think xxx

Actually I sometimes feel as if multiple doctors appointments has the opposite effect! You see so many, they tell you you are fine but you struggle to believe it. Any doctor who sees you will see the amount of doctors you've visited previously/tests you've had done and assume that you must be fine because you've been seen so many times before. Then they see HA on your medical notes and from then on, pretty much every symptom is put down to anxiety! Most doctors don't even bother to check me over anymore, instead they go straight in to a discussion about my state of mind. My regular doctor even told me the struggle they all have to take any of my symptoms seriously which wouldn't stop until I tried to get some control over my anxiety and the amount of doctors appointments I make.
It's been really difficult not to run to the doctors with every little symptom I find but I'm hoping that even just holding off for a few days or a couple of weeks before booking an appointment will make them see that I am trying to cope and I have given time for the symptoms to settle down.

miss sparkle - your post made me giggle too. That pointless appointment of yours sounds eerily similar to many of the ones I've had to endure. It usually starts with 'do you worry about your health a lot?'. 'do you spend alot of time checking your lymph nodes?' etc...:blush:

hypozak
10-05-12, 00:27
i feel the same way, hate booking appointments constantly think I am going mad but thats what HA does to you, the amount of dieseases ive diagnosed my self with and im only 22, going to be a rough life. todays one is i think ive got a kidney infection because of back pain.