PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure Normality

Trbfan
09-05-12, 08:41
I just had a few quick questions about blood pressure and what was normal with it. My average blood pressure at the doctor is probably 130/85. At home its around 120/80. When I get up and walk around it goes to probably 127-130/80-85. After I sit for a couple minutes the blood pressure can drop as far as 115/75. When I have a panic attack my blood pressure can get up to 145/95 if its a real bad one.

I just walked slowly around my room moving a couple things, directly after I sat down it was 126/85, after about 3 minutes of sitting calmly I took it again and it was 116/73.

Blood pressure is just another thing that gets on my mind even though im only 20...I guess I've had it in my head that 120/80 is good, even a couple points higher or lower freaks me out..especially if its lower, cause it makes me think my heart isn't working enough or something.

So through all of that story, my simple question is...Does that sound like a normal range to the people here. I know everyones' BP is different. I have had the heart checked thoroughly but I do have symptoms of blood pressure fluctuations going from sitting-laying to standing. I've heard that a few points below 120/80 can be good, but it still worries me.

Em84
09-05-12, 08:56
Hiya

I wouldn't worry....my BP used to be 160 over something last year before my second pregnancy....but as it would vary they didn't consider it high BP.*

I went to the doctors last week and I asked him to check my BP as i wanted to know what it was...he did it twice and I looked the monitor and both times it was 132/can't remember- He didn't say anything to me about it so
I guess it was ok...I was sitting for an hour before I saw him so I thought that would be High

I think BP will always change depending on mood etc*

Jenwales
09-05-12, 09:02
I'm 23 and worrying about my bp at the moment, I went to see my dr about anxiety and he's concerned about my blood pressure. Might see a different doctor next time, the advice he's given me has added to my stress

Mo B
09-05-12, 09:15
I have been on B/P meds for years and my b/p is well controlled. What you have just described is an absolutely normal chain of events for someone of your age. B/P levels can fluctuate from minute to minute. All sorts of things can influence it like eating, talking, being relaxed or being stressed. Your readings are all ABSOLUTELY NORMAL . 120/80 is just an apprx normal reading. If you take your B/P every 5mins it will very rarely be the same reading twice! Please dont worry any more about this. Your panic attack readings are still within normal levels! Lucky you!!LOL:)