PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Stress/bad year

antrob1000
09-05-12, 12:48
I have not been on this site since 2009 when I had really bad OCD relating to health problems and managed to get it under control after a year or so of struggling and glad to say I no longer have any heath fears and worrys.

But it now seems to have switched in teh last year or so to general stress/anxiety avbout work. I have had a really hard year with work. As expected to manage things that I have no experience of or understanding and no support from my manage who will always deny this. So I spend most of my time streessin/worrying about work I feel liek I have no control amnd always going to get myself in trouble.

I really do not knwo what to do try. Last time I did have CBT which seesm to help alot. But I really do not knwo whether i shoudl consder getting some consuellling/CBT again.

At the moment I feel so low and depressed I feel like it is intefering with my family life. Any advise/encouragement

Thanks

Anthony

Beckybooboo
09-05-12, 12:56
Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a difficult time at the moment. Anxiety and depression are one of those under lying issues that suddenly pop back up even when you don't want them too and you feel as if they've disappeared! I completely understand where you're coming from.

Maybe an option for you would be to visit your GP and see if they are able to refer you for some CBT again if you feel it would benefit you. Also, have you wondered about mood stabilisers just to keep you on a steady path? It may not be something you want to do, but if you do feel as if it's too much it may be an option...

Remember, the path of recovery is going to have it's ups and downs, smiles and frowns and if it was easy, then everyone would be able to fight anxiety and depression in a heartbeat! Don't look at it as if you've failed because it's far from that, it's just a small hiccup and you will get through it.

All the best,
Becky

antrob1000
09-05-12, 13:09
Thanks for you advise.

I have such a hard year and was hoping this would improve. but things just seem to keep getting harder and harder.

swgrl09
09-05-12, 13:16
I know what it's like to have a boss that is not supportive and a job that makes you very stressed. Maybe look into Mindfulness? It is big right now for stress relief and calming down and can be done in just a couple minutes at work once you get the hang of it.

Beckybooboo
09-05-12, 19:25
You know what they say though Anthony, things get worse before they get better.