PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or something else??

Pacific
09-05-12, 19:47
I always been pretty convinced all i have is anxiety, and that all my symptoms are from anxiety. But now im worried what if i don't have anxiety but instead have some really bad mental illness, and i just mistake it for anxiety? I never been officially diagnosed with anxiety, that i can remember, so the anxiety is kind of self diagnosed

My symptoms are feeling spaced out, sweaty, intrusive and strange thoughts, feeling unreal, feeling like nothing is real (this symptom scares me very bad..its soo overwhelming and scary..its the symptom i fear and hate the most..it makes me feel like im about to go crazy :(, brain fog, dizziness, dry mouth, difficulty concentrating, constant worry (as soon as i wake up), racing thoughts, yawning, feeling tired and slow, feeling like something bad is about to happen, feeling really out of it and weird..sometimes feeling like im not even alive anymore , feeling scared for no reason, always searching online for answers, and very afraid of losing my mind/ going mad.

First panic attack i had a few years ago i thought i was dying, went to doctor and they said i was hyperventilating. After that i been worried about my heart, got checked, everything was fine. Then i had worries about something being wrong with my brain because i experienced dizziness etc. Now im worried about going crazy. So that's why i self-diagnosed it as anxiety.. as many of the symptoms seem to match.
Also doc prescribed me pills to calm down once.

So i made a doc app for friday, hopefully she can tell me its just anxiety and not a bad mental illness. Im just freaking out i mean im so stupid for not getting officially diagnosed maybe i have something worse. I know this may sound stupid but im serious. I think maybe it was stupid to self diagnose and i should have seen a doctor sooner and now it might be too late.. i can't get it out of my mind.

Someone help?
Am i going mad??

I need reassurance..

joy
09-05-12, 20:03
no you arent going mad sounds like anxiety to me. go to gp and dont worry. if you were going mad you wouldnt know it

joy

wlizzie
09-05-12, 20:09
hi pacific, you have alot of the same symptons there that i had when i went to docs, i was diagnosed with anxietyband severe depression, and ofc only a sane person would worry about going mad :)
Good luck at the doctors :bighug1:

little.miss.worry
09-05-12, 20:12
Hey, it definitely sounds like anxiety and you do sound abit of a worrier to me everything you have described i have had in one moment or another :) so thats all it is :D

Pacific
10-05-12, 00:20
Im very thankful for every reply, I feel a little better now, been soo anxious today. I don't understand why i feel like this most of the time, so scary. For the last weeks i been really worried of losing control and going crazy..

Dizzydoll
10-05-12, 07:41
im exactly the same im worried im going to loose my mind i wake up anxious racey heart fluttery chest n wiered head sensations all day long i feel like im mentally loosing it. it frightens me so much n im worried its never guna go away x

Pacific
10-05-12, 12:46
Does anyone else get these symptoms/sensations? how do you deal with them?

potato11
10-05-12, 13:25
pacific

all are scary but understandable when you learn about the fight/flight mechanism in ur body

have a look at the two links in my signature, you'll be feeling a lot better once you take their knowledge on board, I guarantee it

Pacific
10-05-12, 17:55
Thanks patato11!! i will read it.
My doc app is tommorow morning, i cant wait for it :).
Can anxiety make u feel like ur about to go crazy? I'm nervous all day i don't know how much more my brain can handle

Dizzydoll
10-05-12, 18:14
Thanks patato11!! i will read it.
My doc app is tommorow morning, i cant wait for it :).
Can anxiety make u feel like ur about to go crazy? I'm nervous all day i don't know how much more my brain can handle

im the same i feel kike im loosing my mind it scares me so much :-(