PDA

View Full Version : Is your anxiety and panic this bad?

TillySm
10-05-12, 04:18
G'day,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone else that sometimes has anxiety/panic episodes so bad that it frequently makes you think you are going to die for whatever reason (unknown reason or medical reason)? This might happen once a month.

Is yours this bad too?

honeyb
10-05-12, 08:08
Absolutely, i feel like that most days.

Anxious_gal
10-05-12, 10:03
Ya I get moments of it :( not much you can do but be aware that it's just thoughts and you imagination and it will pass x

nanny
10-05-12, 10:06
Yes, I feel like that all the time. I hate it, it never goes away.

speckles69uk
10-05-12, 10:15
Yes, unfortunately, I absolutely hate it.

Rach29
10-05-12, 12:07
me too i was like that yesterday i hate it too.

AngelHeart
10-05-12, 14:14
Yes I get this too, use to be every day , now it seems to be one day a week. Not nice at all and feel like I'm on edge all the time x

mandie
11-05-12, 00:24
Yes, i feel like this a couple of times a week.

mandie x

sunday
11-05-12, 11:50
i too feel like this a lot of the time. I wondered if people could try and describe the feeling? i feel like, i'm about to 'keel' over or something, really depersonalised, like i'm in a dream, that something bad is about to happen and this will be my last day on planet earth! even though i say to myself, i have felt like this before and havent as yet died, it doesnt seem to help and i'm convinced that 'this is it'. Its horrible and so hard to try and describe to people who dont have it.

speckles69uk
11-05-12, 13:02
Hi Sunday,

I think you've described it exactly how I feel it, it's a horrible weird, impending doom feeling, where you think, this is it, I'm over, I'm going to die. The whole deporsonalisation thing is a weird feeling, it's like some horrible spaced out druggy not nice, what's going on feeling. I agree, it is hard to explain to people who've never experienced it. I often think, if we swap places, then you'll know exactly how ****** awful it feels, but I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. As you say, I also tell myself I've felt like this before, but I'm still here, but at the time it doesn't seem to help at all. I'm still seeing a therapist, so hopefully at the end of my treatment my answer to this may change. Fingers crossed! There are people on here who have overcome this, so there is hope for us all.

Take care

xxx

Beckybooboo
11-05-12, 14:23
I get to the point where I literally WISH I would die for it all to stop if that counts?

Firehead
11-05-12, 15:44
I feel that death is not the solution. I want to be strong like those people who don't seem to be bothered by anything!

I wonder if it really is possible to sell ones soul in exchange for happiness? :winks:

Princess Tiffany
12-05-12, 01:20
I feel like that at most points in the day. Each time varies slightly. I feel like I'm unable to breath, dizzy, sick, sweating, shaking, not in a real world, chest pains and a few other things. But everyone has different symptoms. Whatever you symptoms, they are very unpleasant and I feel for you. X

Vanilla Sky
12-05-12, 10:07
I felt like that every day when my anxiety was at its worst x

Pacific
12-05-12, 10:34
yes, more then once a month, it's anxiety

dan1991
12-05-12, 14:37
Yep if I had a penny for every time I've convinced myself I'm dying.. I'd be very rich!

maccknight
12-05-12, 14:55
Yes every day at the moment and many times a day. Feel like it right now in fact

grotbags
12-05-12, 18:47
i too feel like this a lot of the time. I wondered if people could try and describe the feeling? i feel like, i'm about to 'keel' over or something, really depersonalised, like i'm in a dream, that something bad is about to happen and this will be my last day on planet earth! even though i say to myself, i have felt like this before and havent as yet died, it doesnt seem to help and i'm convinced that 'this is it'. Its horrible and so hard to try and describe to people who dont have it.

That's how it affects me too.

emmasaurus
14-05-12, 11:59
Yes, I suffer with this, too. Several times a day.