PDA

View Full Version : Got the cortisol sorted!

Schmeeges
10-05-12, 07:00
Hi all. Both my 18 year old son and I have been anti-anxiety medication and anti-depressant FREE for just over one year now! We went to an amazing doctor who is a GP who studied the Carl Pfieffer method in the USA and we discovered we both had pyrroluria (always spell that wrongly!?) and problems with methylation and hormone levels. we now only take supplements, have improved our diets and are different people! GABA helps a lot - I'm loving the orange flavoured- under-the-tongue variety! SAMe has also helped. But NO drugs! (My hair has stopped falling out too - double yay!) My previously foetal-position anxiety-crippled son is now learning to drive - and I'm teaching him!!!! There was certainly a light at the end of the tunnel for us! We owe it to my husband, who put in huge hours of internet research in investigating why the mainstream medical system just wasn't helping us. Why don't doctors fully check the physical health of folks who present with anxiety? Why put kids on psych drugs without checking if they are healthy first??? There's many theories about that, but keep reading and seeking and questioning till you find the approach that's right for you!!!