PDA

View Full Version : Hello, feeling up & down

Christobel
10-05-12, 07:47
Hi, I am 45 and had bouts of depression on/off since my early 20's. I am just coming out of a 3 year bout of depression and in the past week have been up and down. I have only had 4 hours sleep today. I am on medication (which I recently restarted) and had a few side effects which I have been to see my GP about. Yesterday I found myself crying on the bus whilst reading an article in a newspaper about a man who commited suicide because his cat had died. I was weepy all day after that. I have a partner but we don't live together. I have been up since 3am. I have sorted out laundry, had a cup of herbal tea and surfed the net and still cant sleep! I have a good support network but its always the early hours that are the worst.

diane07
10-05-12, 07:49
Hi Christobel

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
10-05-12, 08:08
Hi Christobel and :welcome:

Pip x

Vanilla Sky
10-05-12, 22:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Christobel
11-05-12, 04:20
Thanks for welcome need advice on getting to sleep

---------- Post added at 04:20 ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 ----------

CCan anyone advise me on new change in my sleep pattern - only had 2 hours sleep since yesterday - total of 5 hours in 24

sadiesnow
11-05-12, 04:26
hi its awfull not been able to sleep, my husband is sleeping like a baby, i can hear the birds waking up.

Christobel
11-05-12, 04:43
My partner and do not live together so in the house on my own. Yesterday morning I was changing bed linen and put on washing machine at 3am!! My meds were changed yest. I really need to sleep

waunder
11-05-12, 05:03
Hello Christobel. I am new here as well. I am also having a relapse and do not sleep at night. I am on meds but they are not helpful. I feel that maybe it is a battle my mind has to tae on and win. Just gets tiring. I am usually up and anxiously alone so if I am on feel free to talk.

Christobel
11-05-12, 06:46
Hi Waunder,

My ankles are very swollen and GP is not sure wheter its a reaction to ,my anti depressant or another problem. Its been a week with swollen ankles and I mean swollen, I cant wear my shoes, only a pair open backed sandals and the weather is pants!

I have tried to go back to bed as I am wide awake

waunder
11-05-12, 07:00
Wow that is not good.I hope he finds out soon what it is sounds scary and painful.

Christobel
11-05-12, 07:08
Its very uncomfortable. Last friday she sent me to A&E for tests as I was short of breath and my fingers were swollen too. They did an ECG and took blood and advised me to keep my legs elevated and see GP on Tues (Mon was a BH), so went ton tues and was sent for more blood tests. I went on weds for my blood results from the week before and she upped my doseage of anti depressant and put me on a duiretic. still puffy ankles