PDA

View Full Version : Hand veins,panicking

sarahb
10-05-12, 07:49
Hi.Please help with my latest of many HA's! the veins in my hand,mainly my right hand seem to be really sticking up/protrudingmore than I have noticed them doing so before. I have been worryng about it for a few days & keep checking them :( is it normal?

pacer
10-05-12, 21:31
No, not at all.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Sorry, hit the wrong button!

pearl79
10-05-12, 22:13
do not worry, what i have noticed since i have suffered HA is that i can suddenly notice something and focus on it. and it all get all out of hand. then i start questionin if if new or has it been like it for ages. Well with u its prob always been like that and u are just noticing it now, as u havent bothered before.
but as usual if u are not happy... see ur gp x

Mick081081
10-05-12, 22:30
Hiya,

Don't worry my veins are visible on both hands, veins also appear and stick out when you get too hot and flustered its the body's way of cooling the blood down by putting the veins closer to the surface of the skin. If I go in the gym my veins always come to the surface to cool me down. Another way to look at it is that when people say someone's stressed and you can see a vein in there temple pumping away the same goes for any vein when stressed they appear more obvious to see. Hope this helps. Try not to worry and have a cool bath to see if that makes them less visible.

Take care,

Mick.

imissnotworrying
11-05-12, 14:26
My veins are the same (noticed a year ago and haven't had any problems because of it) I've heard they protrude more when we're stressed too, don't worry :)

sarahb
12-05-12, 08:08
Thanks everyone for you replies. I have only recently noticed the veins,I'm sure they werent like this a week or so ago :( They are really bulging when my hand is down or I am warm & I mean really bulging. When I raise my hand above my head it does go down. I have booked an appt at the docs for monday to get my blood pressure checked & ask about the veins. Still worried :( Sarah

flossie
12-05-12, 08:21
It could well be because the weather is getting warmer and the veins are protuding more to cool and regulate your body temperature. This happens to me with my feet too.