PDA

View Full Version : Frightened!

meche
10-05-12, 07:56
I've wrote a couple of posts lately about dizziness but today it's worse than ever...... and I feel scared! It hit me the minute I got up & I don't know what to do. For once I haven't got a headache & I know if it was something really bad I wouldn't be typing this. I want to make a doctor appt but I'm petrified! For the first time in a very long time I'm starting to feel like I could panic. My head feels so weird, full & top heavy! I can't move my head without feeling off balance. Trying to be rational but it's not coming & going - it's constant today! X

miss sparkle
10-05-12, 10:08
please don't worry.
Have you tried to have a lay down and a rest. Sometimes if you are tired i find my dizziness is much worst.
by all means, go doctors, but i have had it constant too, so just wanted to re assure you x

jayred
10-05-12, 10:25
Hi Meche i have had many days with the dizzy feeling mine doesnt sound as extreme as yours but you just need to somehow find a way to relax or speak to somebody and get it off your chest. I have sometimes found just fighting it and getting on with my day even if im holding a lot inside sometimes helps just stay strong go see a doctor and listen to what they say. I have been looking at CBT maybe this would help

wlizzie
10-05-12, 10:30
hi meche,
If you are really upset by this you need to see your doc, alot of my problem started with dizzyness and head pressure, my doc put me on serc and i still get it but not as much. Chances are its probably nothing to worry about and your doc can reassure you and hopefully find the cause.
Hope you feel better :hugs:

meche
10-05-12, 10:40
Thank you guys. I'm sat in doctor surgery now. I'm getting a pressure in my nose & a fullness in my ears with crackling noises & I just want some answers. This isn't anxiety - something real is going on. Not suggesting it's anything serious but can't cope with with this feeling. X

miss sparkle
10-05-12, 11:10
let us know how you get on

meche
10-05-12, 12:37
Thanks for the support guys. No infection but got a couple of things going on. Passed all neuro tests & my eyes are fine (was worried about my right eye & optic nerve). Have alot of tension round my right shoulder & neck which she says is the cause of my headaches. She thinks my dizziness is due to a blockage or fluid deep in my inner ear (causing my ears to pop/crackle) - this would make me feel dizzy. Unfortunately this can take 6-12 weeks to heal itself & can come & go! She's put me on Stemitel for vertigo which will ease my symptoms. It's all viral apparantly. No evidence of any neuro nasties! X

Breezay
10-05-12, 14:21
You poor thing :( That sounds awful. I'm glad it's nothing serious though. I had a crackling noise thanks to fluid behind my ear drum a while ago. It was awful.. Made me feel so sick :( It went away on it's own eventually. I hope it heals itself sooner than 6-12 weeks!

AngelHeart
10-05-12, 14:58
Hiya, have a look on this website www.labyrinthitis.org.uk (http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk) Its a webside about an inner ear problem called labyrinthitis, its not life threatening but a balance disorder caused by a viral infection in the middle ear. I am currently suffering from it , although I am much better than what I was last Oct. Have a look at the symptoms page and you can message people on the guestbook page. There are loads that have and or suffering from it and you'll get alot of information and support on there. xxx

meche
10-05-12, 15:10
OMG! Thank you so much AngelHeart. I have only looked at the symptom page and I can relate to most of those symptoms. Will have a proper look later. Thank you all so much. xx

AngelHeart
11-05-12, 09:40
You're welcome Meche, glad you feel a bit better knowing that what you have alot of people have had. Unfortunatly some people have it a bit longer than the 6-12 weeks, I'm testimonial to that as Ive had it 7 months BUT it has got better and after the initial bad dizzy spells it will quieten down alot. Hopefully, like lots of people it will go he only reason I'm saying you might have it longer is so your not frightened of it and to tell you its completely normal for it to continue longer. Your symptoms will get better I promise xx

jayred
11-05-12, 10:03
Hi just wandering as i have had the dizzy spells etc which have become less as time has gone on but now and again come in again and i have had other things like blurry eye. I also started to get tinnitus and when i went to a doctor he told me its because fluid in the ear caused by a cold for what i could remember i didnt have a cold any time recently and he said it would go away but i still go through issues 2 months on

meche
11-05-12, 11:51
Jayred - I haven't had any colds lately but earlier this year my nose was constantly blocked up for weeks on end. That's been gone for months now so I don't understand either why the ear fluid has come now. Maybe it was always there and has just decided to present the symptoms all this time later. I too have blurry vision in my right eye - it doesn't feel as strong as my left one. All my tension, aches are on my right side so I think it's all related.
AngelHeart - thank you; my doctor did warn me it can come and go so not expecting any immediate miracles. I am relieved that it's nothing sinister but my head feels like a big ball of cotton wool and everything feels unreal. That's the symptom I'm struggling with! xx

jayred
11-05-12, 12:05
If im honest its quite good to know not that your going through the same as me as its horrible but that im not alone. Mine is all on my left side and i always thought in my head oh its only on 1 side so it has to be something horrible. Really hope u start feeling better soon.

meche
11-05-12, 12:13
Thank you Jayred. I was the same when my anxeity started about 3 months ago - all my symptoms are on one side. When I asked the doctor she didn't seem concerned at all. I've read different forums where they say most anxiety symptoms present themselves on the left side - that made me more anxious being one of only a few that has them on the opposite!