PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy lump in neck..

KateRose
10-05-12, 08:58
A few years ago I noticed a bumpy area under the skin in the neck, on the jaw line, on the right side. I went t the doctors and they said they couldn't feel anything, except a slight thickening. Well over the years I've put on weight and I seem to have a double chin - on the left side it's smooth and soft but on the right side the 'thickening' is definitely larger and lumpier. I can feel the lymph node and around it is lumpy tissue. I can only feel it if I pinch it. So If I place my flat fingers on it, I won't feel it, I literally have to pinch it. I'm worried I've got cancer!!
I'm 28 and have M.E.

zippy
10-05-12, 09:41
Hi Katerose. I also have m.e and have had it for 11 yrs. Is it not just your lymph node? I have lymph nodes that are bigger on one side than the other. It's common for people with m.e to have alot of raised lymph nodes. Also if you had it a few yrs ago i doubt it would be anything serious.

KateRose
10-05-12, 12:51
It just seems to have grown but that might be because I've put on weight.... I'm going to see the doctor later they said they'd see me today. I've had M.E. fir 10 years now, it sucks.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

I'm still worried :( Could it be fat?

zippy
10-05-12, 13:18
I am worried at the moment about a lump that appeared on my belly over a month ago. 3 gp's say it's an abscess and i have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks and it hasn't gone. Someone on here said it could be fatty tissue so yours could be as well. If you are still worried go back and show your gp and they can put your mind at rest. I am going back with mine next week.

KateRose
10-05-12, 16:09
I haven't been yet - going later. I'll report back when I get back.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Just got back and she had a good feel and said she couldn't feel anything except lymph nodes and fatty tissue, she's not worried :)