PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

RunsFromBugs
07-07-06, 18:09
I've been coming to this website for a long time just to read the posts cause they always make me feel better. Just started posting so thought I should introduce myself.

I'm 28 and happily married. I have a job I enjoy doing graphics and web work for a university library. I have many wonderful friends and family too. I'm a vegetarian and love eating out, watching movies and reading. Outside of my PAs, I consider myself very lucky.

I started getting PAs when I was 13. I was living up north at the time and regularly brought in stray animals at night for fear they would freeze to death if left outside overnight. Naturally, I occasionally got scratched, so when I started getting PAs, I thought I had contracted rabies and was going mad. After awhile, I figured out that it wasn't rabies - took almost a year though - I'm a lil slow. :) Then I started talking about it to doctors but was told that it was just puberty and I would get over it. I went from being a straight A student to getting Ds and Cs by the time I was 15. I finally got diagnosed at 16 and went on meds for 6 months. Felt cured by 20 but they came back in a year. Went back on meds, graduated college, got married, wanted lil ones so came off the meds. Got in a really bad car wreck, moved into a house much further away than we used to live and started getting PAs again. Which is where I'm at now. Working on CBT therapy to get back on the road and be comfy alone again. Right now my husband drives me places and I'm never home alone. We live in a house in the woods and I'm a city girl.

Wow I rambled on a bit there. Sorry about that but looking forward to getting to know some of the people here. Everyone seems so nice. And I want to thank all the people who have posted in the past and also those who work hard to keep those old posts up. They have really helped me a lot (esp the obsessive thought and depersonalization posts) and I'm sure they help a lot of other people too.

kellynwv
07-07-06, 18:12
I just wanted to say hi! I am in West Virginia, so not too far from you :-)

trac67
07-07-06, 18:53
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

chucklehound
07-07-06, 20:17
Welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

nomorepanic
07-07-06, 20:28
Hi there and a warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I hope you get as much support now from posting as you did from just reading

Nicola

Southern_Belle
07-07-06, 20:33
Hi,

I just moved from Naples, Florida and miss it so. I now live in North Carolina! You will get lots of support and information here and makes loads of new friends. If you can check out the chat room some time.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

polly daydream
07-07-06, 21:16
Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you find it a great help as I do.

Polly

eeyorelover
07-07-06, 21:20
Hi there and welcome to the site :)
I'm sure you will find lots of great info and a bunch of new friends here.
xxx
Sandy
eeyorelover

giddy
08-07-06, 07:58
Hello and welcome to the forum
love Helen

chedda
08-07-06, 10:58
Hia and welcome to the site :D
Im sure you will find loads of advice and support on here if you havnt done so allready.I think therapy is the right road to go down and wish you luck i am waiting for CBT at the moment
take care cheryl xx

Karen
08-07-06, 12:39
Hiya

Welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

manmoor
08-07-06, 20:44
Hi There,

Welcome aboard.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Twila
09-07-06, 21:03
Welcome to the forum. Hey, I am not that for from you, I am for Alice, Texas
That for awhile that there were no one from the U.S. here.

Twila :)

RunsFromBugs
10-07-06, 17:59
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat.

kellynwv, southern_belle, twila,
Surprised to see that there are some people on this side of the ocean too. Nice to see how diverse this place is. :)