PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Results In -still a little scared

MissBoo
10-05-12, 16:18
Drs called and said I have a complex cyst on my left ovary and that I should go for another ultrasound in 3 months. My husband called them back and said she is still having some medium to mild discomfort. They said they would fax a copy to my gyn and they would be able to suggest more to help with the discomfort and that they weren't overly concerned about it.

Weird thing is my pain is more on my right. And complex???? Now I'm a little scared. How common at 39 would this be to be something bad?

miggymoggy
10-05-12, 16:38
Hiya. I wanted to respond as I have been where you are right now.
I was referred for a pelvic ultrasound about 12 years ago and when they were scanning they mentioned an "8cm mass". Well, that was it for me, I was hystertical and convinced it was cancer. IT WASN'T. They also found a 5cm cyst on my other ovary.
It was an ovarian cyst, apparantly they are really, really common. Mine was a pain as it was so big I had to have an op to have it removed but I had all the same worries you have. Believe me they can tell almost 100% from looking at it if it looks suspicious, and, if it did, they would be much more concerned and getting you straight in!
Try not to worry. Most can just be left. If it's very uncomfortable or big then you can have it removed but it's a fairly minor op.
I later found out I have endometriosis and that's why I had them, which is not a serious or life-threatening thing, just a pain and an inconvenience.
xxxxx PM me if you want more info xxxxx

meche
10-05-12, 20:37
I have cysts due to mild endometriosis which was only diagnosed when I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 years ago. It has caused me fertility issues but it's not life threatening & I've been told there is no evidence that this leads to cervical cancer. You'll be just fine. X

countrygirl
10-05-12, 22:04
I had a large complex cyst on my right ovary 3 yers ago at age 47. AFter the ultrasound I had an abdominal mri scan to confirm it was just a water filled cyst and also the CA125 blood test, these are standard practise here in UK. Mine was due to being oestrogen dominent because of being menopausal and after 2 months of using natural progersterone cream my cyst went away itself.

I have also had simple functional cysts as they call them that are just ovuation cysts and they go away after you ovulate.

If you are worried your gyny may do the mri scan as well but they probably don't need to if they can see it well enough on ultrasound.

You are approaching the peri menopausal age where your hormones get out of kilter and cysts are very common.

MissBoo
10-05-12, 22:29
Thank you everyone. This really does help. My doctor is sending me for full bloodwork to put my mind at ease.

kittykat
11-05-12, 13:58
Sure you will be fine after reading everones advice but its so horrible when you get told you have something as the worry just kicks in and just doesn't seem to go......im sure though if they thought it was anything serious they wouldn't leave you for so long as ive to wait 2 mths till my next appt for to lose a stone before they take gallbladder out .....wish i could take my own advice .......oh meant to add i got my full bloods done at the hospital and liver function and all came back fine, so i'm sure yours will be fine as well and that will set your mind at rest as well....let us know when you get blood results xx