PDA

View Full Version : Eye anxiety

katepower
10-05-12, 17:34
Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me because I am at my wits end and to be quite honest I feel like I am going mad....

Around 6 months ago I started getting sore eyes that were quite sensitive to light..it was almost like my sockets and behind my eye hurt...anyway I have been to probably about 3 opticians and outpatients hospital in that time...they have found no inflammation, eyesight is perfect and retinas attached etc etc...so basicaly no problems...I was beginning to feel like a timewaster as the hospital didnt even look at my eyes they just took some photographs and sent me on my way...

I managed to keep a lid on it until last week when I had a migraine, which involved temporary loss of vision so you can imagine wat effect that had...since then I have been so highly strung its unreal....the sensible part of me tells me it must be stress, I have had a look on here and it makes complete sense as it all started when my parents got divorced, and the more I think about it the worse it gets! BUT the little voice in my head tells me what if what if I'm going blind or theyve missed something....I need some reassurance and help :(

pearl79
10-05-12, 18:03
you sound just like me several months ago, this was my issue for a long time til i realised it was all a symptom of tension and anxiety. xxxxx

MrRedShirt
10-05-12, 18:06
Hello, I actually have an eye condition and it's caused me a lot of anxiety, but trust me if you've had the amount of checks you've had, your eyesight is fine.
Your symptoms sounds a lot like anxiety symptoms to me, and a migraine can often cause visual disturbances and temporary loss of vision.

Keep in touch with your opticians and have regular (but not excessive) checks.

jade1978
10-05-12, 20:56
I have the same anxiety over my eyes, they have been stingy, achy, dry and runny! Prickly, red etc over the last few months, they have felt light sensitive too. Just over a week ago I had a strange flickering in my left eye which lasted a couple of minutes, I really thought I was going blind. At this moment my eyeballs are aching :( I too have had them checked out and have been told my eyes are very healthy. I just hope it passes.

imissnotworrying
11-05-12, 14:39
Sounds like the muscles around the eye area are causing your vision problems, and sore eyes indicate not enough lubrication. Both are common with stress since it depletes the body of water and causes muscle tension & headaches.

I had my eyes checked and they were perfectly healthy, but I get blurred vision sometimes (from muscle tension in the area, usually from a headache or looking at something close up for hours and then looking at something long distance, it takes my eyes a while to re-focus) I'm also light sensitive (many people just are) and it can hurt my eyes. If the sunshine is strong now I pop on some sunglasses. Your migraine is a strong indicator that it's not to do with your eyes themselves and more to do with what goes on around them. If they've checked and your eyes are fine, your eyes are indeed fine. It's any pressure around that area that causes the vision problems. Also if your eyes are dry they can get irritated and sore,, blink more (especially when on the computer) drink more water in general, and try eye drops if all else fails. Xx