PDA

View Full Version : Prostrate cancer info please ..

Greenman50
10-05-12, 20:33
Not been on for ages , hope you peeps are keeping well .

My Dad found out today after a biopsy a few weeks ago he has a "few" cancer cells in the prostrate .

He has to go for i think he said bone xrays next and more blood tests .

He has had an enlarged protrate for many years and other biopsys have been normal but not this time :weep:

Now i don,t want to google at all as googling ended me up on meds in the first place and i,m trying to keep things into perspective and not think worst case etc...

Any reliable/ positive sites to look at or any info from you guys would be appreciated .

Ta.

PS i,m not sure if i will be back on regular or tonight as i,m trying to stay normal if you know what i mean .

Em84
10-05-12, 20:54
Hi Hun

Please don't google..it's always the worst case scenarios.....

I don't want to personally comment on Prostrate cancer but if all of the results in the past have been normal then they have (if there is a problem) caught this early.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to provide more information for you...

Xxx

snowgoose
10-05-12, 20:58
Hi Mel
very helpful site ........lots of info and nice people .

http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk/

have sent you a pm
snow :)

nomorepanic
10-05-12, 20:59
Moved to the male issues forum for you

Greenman50
11-05-12, 01:00
Thanks Nicola .

Thanks for replies guys i really appreciate it .

Once i get my head around the bad news i will do some research on the above site , google can do one as i,m not going down that , been there and got the T shirt and still on citralpram because of it .

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Had a look on the site and its very good , nothing like google .

Will register on the forum for support at the weekend .

I,m a little more optimistic many thanks :hugs:

---------- Post added 11-05-12 at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was 10-05-12 at 23:42 ----------

The reality has just hit me i,m in bits .

God knows how my Dad must feel :weep:

Greenman50
30-05-12, 18:54
I thought i would update this ......

My Dad has had the mri scan done and the bone scan plus one on his back as it has been bad for a few years .

Nothing has shown up ie it doesn,t look like it has spread so its another blood test and then appointment to see where it goes from there .

Thanks for everyones support :hugs:

It goes to show we should all try and be positive (like i WASN,T :blush:) and try and keep focused , not easy i know .

nathan22
19-06-12, 09:46
Prostate cancer is among the most typical kinds of cancer in males. Prostate cancer usually grows slowly and at first remains limited to the prostate, where it might not cause serious harm. Although some kinds of prostate cancer grow slowly and could require minimal or no treatment, other forms are aggressive and may spread quickly.