PDA

View Full Version : Appearence question

BiPolarBear
07-07-06, 21:33
Hi Everyone

I have suffered from anxiety for all my life in various ways, at the min the way the anxiety is effecting my life is that i cant get a job cause i am too scared, and i am really concerned about my appearence.

My appearence is causing the greatest concern at the min, i just feel ugly, fat and worthless at the min, and think what women would even look at me. I see a nice looking woman and then feel sad cause i think "what would she see in me", or "I am not good looking enough for them"
I also wonder what people think when they see me, do they think i am weird or sad etc.

I would really appreciate some comments on a pic that i am posting on here, and would appreciate honest answers. I know it is a strange request and would be grateful for any responses positive or negative.

Cheers
BiPolarBear

PS the girl in the photo is my cousin/lounge/uploaded/BiPolarBear/Mepaulacloseup.jpg

BiPolarBear
07-07-06, 21:37
Incase my pic did not work/lounge/uploaded/BiPolarBear/Mepaulacloseup.jpg

carol1969
07-07-06, 21:39
I don't know how you get your photo but it doesn't matter what you look like as long as your a nice person. I have fancied many a nice looking man only to find out they are complete ars**oles so don't worry what you look like.

If you have peace of mind you have everything

polly daydream
07-07-06, 21:50
Hi BipolarBear, can't get your photo up but it doesn't matter what you look like, as Carol said, as long as you are a nice person, that is all that counts.

Polly

BiPolarBear
07-07-06, 21:57
Apparently my pic is not working shucks, well if you want to look at my ppic then you can go to http://www.myspace.com/aboushear soz for the inconvenience

manmoor
07-07-06, 21:57
Hi Bipolar,

Aw you poor thing. I havent even attempted to look at your photo as it dont matter whats on the outside its the inside that countsx

Take Care

Mandy

xx

PanickyPolly
08-07-06, 10:16
bear...I've sen your pic and I think you're a very nice looking chap. You haev every reason to be confident. I know what you mean though I feel the same about stuff like that.

chedda
08-07-06, 11:13
Hia bear and welcome to the site :D
Ive had a look at your pic and was preparing for the worst,fingers over eyes and then i saw it.Your a good looking guy there is nothing wrong with you at all that i can see anyway.Think it is all about confidence and all of us have insecurities about ourselves but in my opinion your just a normal guy and that is my honest opinion :).
Take care cheryl xx

BiPolarBear
08-07-06, 21:59
Cheers Guys

PITITA
09-07-06, 01:05
Had a look! Your handsome, and don't let anyone tell you that you are not! You can get any girl you want because you have a good heart :)

xx Pitita

" The solution to a problem is right through it..."

Eclipse
09-07-06, 03:09
Hi 'bear!
Can't see your pic but don't care!
I lost my job three weeks ago & have spent every moment since battling between wanting to prove to myself that I have something to offer to an employer and my partner accusing me of just wanting to live off him cos I can't be bothered to get another job . I've had a couple of interviews which have come to nothing (cos I can't sell myself) but I don't see why people like us should suffer because of a lack of 'I'm the One You Want' attitude. It really guts me when you're not equiped with the gift of the gab and are expected to settle for less because of it. We're all worth so much more.......I just haven't worked out how to prove this to the rest of the world yet. Don't watch this space though cos you may be waiting some time!
I hope you get some really constructive replies.
Best Wishes
B Wolf
XX

brentor_wolf

PanickyPolly
09-07-06, 18:38
Just wondering if you're feeling better bear

chucklehound
09-07-06, 19:08
Hi Bear, just looked at your pic and there is nothing wrong with you.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Di
09-07-06, 20:26
Hi Bear, just looked at your pic and wish I was 20+ years younger lol. My son is just a bit older than you so I see loads of his mates around the house and you look just like a normal nice looking guy to me. You look great!

Di x

BiPolarBear
09-07-06, 20:45
Hey Guys

Thanks for all of the replies they were great. They have helped a little but i still have a long road to recovery.

Hey panicky i am feeling a little better but it also dont help when you see a girl you like and then get down cause you think you look ugly.

And Wolf you made some good points and dont let your boyfriend get you down.

Cheers Guys

PanickyPolly
10-07-06, 13:26
Bear if I was ten years younger I'd go out with you!

Eclipse
10-07-06, 15:06
Hi,
I'm thinking you have a bit of a fan club going here!!
Still haven't seen pic but reading the replies you've had you're a nice looking lad. I just want to say don't ever worry that you wont find a nice girl because you don't think you have the right looks. Personally speaking, (and I agree with carol1969 on this) I was always drawn to bloke's looks & I went out with some right ego's as a result!
I met my fiance through my sister's matchmaking and although we got on really well & became friends I didn't think anything of it cos he was sweet but 'not my type' (in other words I hadn't met him & gone "WOW")
Love had crept up from behind though & I hadn't even realised I felt that strongly about him til he said during one of our matey chats that he liked someone. CONFUSING PANIC!! It took ages to pluck up courage (& a couple of bottles of beer) for me to confess over the phone one night and he was gobsmacked! Turns out that he'd liked me from the night we met but didn't think I liked him in that way so settled for being mates. That was five years ago and we're still together.
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that as corny as it sounds, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and, whatever someone's outward appearance, personality does shine through. Looks can change/fade so what's left then?
Besides that....how do you know some one's not admiring you from afar already?
Hark at me rambling on!!
Take care
B Wolf
PS. Re your quote : 'And Wolf you made some good points and dont let your boyfriend get you down.' ..........Don't worry - I won't, I'm going to use this site to educate him!!

brentor_wolf

carol1969
10-07-06, 15:13
Brentor-Wolf the same happened to me, i was best mates with my partner for a year before i realised i liked him alot. I didnt feel attracted to him at all at first but his personality was so sweet and caring i just fell for him in the end and here we are 8 years later still together. The best relationship and friendship ive ever had. It just proves looks have got nothing to do wtih it.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

Eclipse
10-07-06, 20:38
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Agree with you again Carol......
My other half & I do fall out (mainly cos he needs educating about the SAD) but this relationship beats all the others hands down.
Glad you've got a good 'un too
Hope all this gives BipolarBear some cheer!
B Wolf
xx

brentor_wolf

BiPolarBear
11-07-06, 21:31
Cheers guys you have picked my confidence off the floor.

I wish i had a fan club but i am really thankfull for all your replys it means a lot.

I have been told the pic looks like i have a lot of gel on but it is not true, i used a bit but not a lot. And i never use gel if i am not going out lol.

It is good to know i am not an ugly mess.

Cheers

JennyW
12-07-06, 09:57
you look fine to me :D