KK77
12-05-12, 03:41
Signed. Thanks for posting this.

maccknight
12-05-12, 09:10
signed

Lilac58
13-05-12, 21:51
Thanks for the link, signed. My medical was a joke, what a system.

doodah
15-05-12, 21:57
Thanks from me too. Have signed the petition. My medical and the outcome was a joke - still waiting for the outcome of my appeal from January!!

BobbyDog
15-05-12, 22:32
Signed it, have not applied for benefit yet.

Pinkcasi
15-05-12, 23:14
Im a bit scared to sign it as i've just been refered today and im crapping myself, i am fit for work and going to work i just need some help sometimes are they really that bad?

doodah
16-05-12, 08:56
Pinkcasi - the doctor that I saw in December was extremely nice - unfortunately though I was only there for about 10 minutes. I think the problem with my interview was that I didn't explain as well as I could the way that agoraphobia affects me; for instance, when she said can you go out by yourself, I said that I could only get to my local shops in the surrounding area. When I read my "report" she said I was able to go out without any problems. What I should have said was that my local shops are literally 3 minutes away from my house - any further than that and I would be having problems. So my advice to you is to explain as fully as you can how your health problems affect you day to day, and tell them the worst case scenario. And especially let them know that you want to work and explain fully the help that you feel you need.

I have to say that when I went for my first interview at the job centre (my daughter drove me there and accompanied me) the person I saw there was extremely helpful and she told me that, as I couldn't get to sign on every 2 weeks and be available for work immediately, I should appeal, which is what I have done!

Try not to get too worried about your interview - as long as you tell them exactly what your needs are, I'm sure they'll be very fair with you.

Wendy

Pinkcasi
16-05-12, 09:02
Thanks to that I'm just super anxious about it, I kinda hope they catch me on a bad day so I am honest about it all, not to honest tho I don't wana be committed.

doodah
16-05-12, 09:11
Aw I know exactly what you mean. People were always telling me to imagine it's your very worst day and use that as a yardstick - I think my trouble is I'm the sort of person who used to go the doctors, inwardly feeling like I was on my last legs and when the doctor says "and how are you?" I would smile and say "fine thanks!" - grrrr! So try to remember that all the doctors can do is go by what you tell them and it really is best to let them know what your worst day scenario is like, warts and all!

Wendy:hugs:

I meant to say also that in a funny sort of way the medical thingy did me a favour. I haven't seen a doctor about my problems in well over 7 years, just trying to get by on my own. When I appealed the ATOS decision I had to see a doctor for sick notes etc. That was in January. The doctor was just leaving a sick note at reception for me each month but I had to see him a few weeks ago and, because I was feeling pretty low, I was able to explain what was REALLY going on with me. I said that I was doing my darndest to find work that I can do from home and he said "work isn't the issue here, it's your quality of life!" Of course, that turned me into a blubbering heap and I was able to explain everything to him. He offered me medication, which I didn't want to take; then decided that counselling/CBT would be the best way forward. I have my first telephone appointment this Thursday, so fingers crossed!

avfc73
24-06-12, 17:50
hi all

yes i have to go to atos in birmingham tomorrow for a medical, i have heard that most of the questions relate to mobillity, so what can i expect when i arrive there??