PDA

View Full Version : morning anxiety

onecardonly
11-05-12, 10:25
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and am looking for some advice really! I have been taking fluoxitine 20mg for nearly 4 weeks now and was fine for the first few weeks but this past week I have been suffering with anxiety in the mornings and feeling sick for most of the day! Has this happened to anyone else? I was on citalipram for 3 years previously then was changed to another anti depressant which didn't suit me and now moved onto these. Will this feeling pass? Is it normal to feel fine for the first few weeks and then for the anxiety to suddenly start?

nomorepanic
11-05-12, 10:27
Hi onecardonly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

BobbyDog
11-05-12, 10:52
I have not taken Fluoxitine for a number of years now.
It could be that you had the Placebo effect for the first couple of weeks, and your body may be adjusting to your new medication now, but, I would not hesitate in going back to your doctor and discussing your concerns with him.
He is the best person to advise you!!

onecardonly
11-05-12, 11:01
Thanks Bobby dog! I'm going to give it until monday and if i still feel the same I'm going to go back to the docs! Placebo effect sounds about right as i did feel great for the first few weeks! Fingers crossed it will all settle down in the next few days!